• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Duck Hunting

I think the black ducks come down the Tenessee river. Ive killed quite a few in N Ga. My buddy mounted one that we killed on his farm here. Beautiful duck and mount. Dana Stanford in Roswell gets a shout out. Museum quality work if anyone gets a trophy duck.

Pintails in Ga are few and far between. I’ve seen only a handful in my years and managed to fold the only drake I ever had in gun range. Was a freaking bull too with a LONG sprig. The only problem was the fella who mounted it did a **** job...

I think the black ducks come down the Tenessee river. Ive killed quite a few in N Ga. My buddy mounted one that we killed on his farm here. Beautiful duck and mount. Dana Stanford in Roswell gets a shout out. Museum quality work if anyone gets a trophy duck.
You bring up a good topic for this thread....... taxidermist, as none of us want to have happen what bigearl68 described. I know some don't like to share that info for fear of creating a log jam, but I think it might be good info if anyone is willing to share. I have no first hand experience with any of these guys, but the names I hear most often for ducks in GA are:

Dana Stanford
Rodney Casteel
Kevin Batson
Garret Addison
Steven Reynolds

Anyone care to comment on the above or have other suggestions to share with us for those trophy birds?

You bring up a good topic for this thread....... taxidermist, as none of us want to have happen what bigearl68 described. I know some don't like to share that info for fear of creating a log jam, but I think it might be good info if anyone is willing to share. I have no first hand experience with any of these guys, but the names I hear most often for ducks in GA are:

Dana Stanford
Rodney Casteel
Kevin Batson
Garret Addison
Steven Reynolds

Anyone care to comment on the above or have other suggestions to share with us for those trophy birds?
Thank you for providing the names it is very helpful. I’ve only got one duck mounted and he did a good job but I don’t think he lives in Georgia anymore. My next mount I think I’m gonna take to mild2wild I’ve never used them before but I’ve seen some of their pictures and it looks like they do great work.

Dana Stanford
Rodney Casteel
Kevin Batson
Garret Addison
Steven Reynolds

Rodney is about out of the duck business. Just focusing on deer European and shoulders mounts and turkey fans. Joker is the hardest working taxi in Ga.

NES Duck Hunt
288D4AFC-9A6C-4C80-966F-DB87F4B812DA.gif

Back
Top Bottom