• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dryer repair

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
Dryer stopped working. Is it worth replacing the heating element or should I just spring for a new one?

Anyone near Jefferson that can fix it?
Thanks,
AW

You tube is your friend :)

mine stopped working, cost me about 2 hrs and <$20 .....that was including gas to get part.
am not sure if you have a supply house where you are, but anything is available on net. Check you tube for fix.
Good luck

I have replaced my own heating element before on a Daewoo electric dryer and it was dumb easy. If a board or something like that goes it thats a different story. My opinion is the age of the dryer would determine if I buy a new one.

No Problem

If it’s a newer dryer with electronics - It may be harder to diagnose as your heating element might not be bad and it could be something electronic

Which is the reason I always buy a bottom of the line dryer

While you’ve got it apart look at your drum skids and the wool gasket and belt

I replace the heating element in mine one time and a week or so later had to take it apart for the skids - While it was much easier to do it the second time understanding how it comes apart and goes back together I wish I had known what to check for

Over the years I’ve found the guys at the Fox sales counter to be very helpful in person and on the phone

Back
Top Bottom