• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drinking Water. SHTF Options.

I’ve got a couple of drinking water options I need a little education on.

1st. I live on Lake Sinclair so I have plenty of lake water. I’ve got a couple of Life Straws and some purification pills. I’ve heard that a few drop of bleach makes lake water safe to drink too.

2nd. We were on well water but changed over to county water. The well is still there but was disconnected. I’m thinking this is my best source for drinking water. I’m guessing I could remove the pump and access the water with a bucket and rope or maybe a manual pump of some sort, or maybe even a 12 volt pump with battery/solar power.

looking for some advise.
Thanks
Website for Oaisis Shotmaker. He has a video that's really good on pumps. Which he also sells pumps & pump kits

Get an AlexaPure or a Berkey. Gravity fed water filter systems that require no electricity.

Berkeys are outstanding

We have a drilled well and also use a Berky Water Filter. There is nothing better.
OP, you said that you unhooked your well. Hook it back up.

hypochlorite!!!
I bought enough a few years ago to clean up a small lake....not perfect, however will do in a "pinch"
water is a funny thing....you can't haul enough, and then, how much should you keep in a stand alone situation....if we run....how much ammo, water, food, silver, gold can we possibly carry....what did Patton say..."fixed defensive positions" are an example of mans stupidy

When we got county water, they unhooked the water lines and the power. I’m sure I could get power back to it. Just not to the house.

It is just a 220 line.

The plumbing is simple to hook up , even if you don't want the house on it, you can plumb in some faucets.

Are you sure they didn't plug the well? Code calls for gravel and a 6 foot plug of concrete.

When we got county water, they unhooked the water lines and the power. I’m sure I could get power back to it. Just not to the house.
Why not to the house? We have county water also but use our well. They said it makes not difference to them. We still pay the minimum fee.

Do you use Berky filters for well water or lake water?
Any water. The cleaner the water when it goes into the filter, the less you clean the filter. We clean ours about once every 3 months. It is like have bottled water in every sip.
With a Berky, you can dip water out of a mud puddle and drink water that tastes like bottled.

Back
Top Bottom