• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drinking Water. SHTF Options.

davans

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
Airborne Infantry
76   0
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple of drinking water options I need a little education on.

1st. I live on Lake Sinclair so I have plenty of lake water. I’ve got a couple of Life Straws and some purification pills. I’ve heard that a few drop of bleach makes lake water safe to drink too.

2nd. We were on well water but changed over to county water. The well is still there but was disconnected. I’m thinking this is my best source for drinking water. I’m guessing I could remove the pump and access the water with a bucket and rope or maybe a manual pump of some sort, or maybe even a 12 volt pump with battery/solar power.

looking for some advise.
Thanks

Bored are usually several feet across and shallow. Drilled are more like 6 inches and deep. Mine is drilled and 540 ft deep. I am stuck with running a generator or solar with a decent size battery.

Bored are usually several feet across and shallow. Drilled are more like 6 inches and deep. Mine is drilled and 540 ft deep. I am stuck with running a generator or solar with a decent size battery.
I’m thinking it’s drilled. I’ll take a look tomorrow but the house was built in 2006. I think it was done then. It’s in an inclosed well house. I’ve got a generator, that’s probably a good option.

Back
Top Bottom