• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drifting AR-15 trigger pins? Things to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlier

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
I have BCM pistol lower I acquired secondhand a good while back that I had coated and rebuilt. It had an aftermarket trigger installed with KNS pins that I replaced with a BCM PNT trigger I had in another rifle. I can't get anymore than 2-3 shots off before the pins start drifting out and the gun won't fire. The trigger was fully functional in the other rifle and I have reinstalled the trigger several times to try and eliminate possible installation error with no improvement. Any recommendations on what to check into next or am I stuck using one of those crummy cartridge-style triggers with anti-walk pins?

Check and see that both the hammer spring legs are on top of the trigger pin. I'm sure that it is something simple; just have to figure out what it is. Might help to post a picture looking down into the receiver of the fire control group.

If it’s just the trigger pin, I’m with the fellas above. Check to make sure that the legs on the hammer spring are on top of the trigger pin, and under it. Feel free to post a pic.

If assembly is correct, and the pins are the correct type with 2 grooves, then you may need to replace the hammer spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom