• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dr. adding meds....

fslc94

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
328   0
Reaction score
Soooo, my Dr, added a 25mg water pill of some sort to my regular BP meds, she said we're moving in the right direction, but let’s see if we can get it on down. I picked up the meds on Friday, started on Saturday morning, by Sunday I was dizzy as a mother****er! Yesterday was awful, so I just stopped taking that crap. Today is better, but still off. Hopefully it’s out of my system by tomorrow???

I have been on a beta blocker for 40+ years, slows down my heart rate. My BP is very good since retiring. I never thought of myself as a "Type A" personality, hyper, stressed, but my BP sure indicates that I was. I am like a turtle these days....125/80, heart rate at about 55-60. BP when working....140/90

100 mg of labetalol twice a day

Thank God I don't take anything. I've been lucky so far, I'm borrowed time I know it.
Same, but every year the doc tells me I'm getting closer. My BP is good, it's my cholesterol creeping up. Right now she's got me on fish oil, no prescription meds yet. I'm fairly healthy, eat good, and take care of myself. But you can't fight genetics.

Same, but every year the doc tells me I'm getting closer. My BP is good, it's my cholesterol creeping up. Right now she's got me on fish oil, no prescription meds yet. I'm fairly healthy, eat good, and take care of myself. But you can't fight genetics.

My dad lived to 95, his dad to 90, his dad to 88, going back to the 1700s, most of the men have lived to 65-70+, the only one who didn't died at about 55 after catching the measles, mumps or something from his grandson in the mid 1800s. Both of my parents survived the Spanish Flu 100 years ago, I would like to think I have some pretty sturdy genes.

Back
Top Bottom