• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dot Torture Drill

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Another 300rds out of the STI Staccato-P 9mm. Ammo was Georgia Arms 115grn plated.

I’m replacing the fiber optic front with a tritium sight......just waiting on it. Circle #2 on the 10yd target, they’re all in, but they’re high. I was in the sun, the fiber optic was glowing, and I was using the top edge of the dot instead of the top edge of the sight itself. Couple steps to the left and into the shade cured it.

D6E36090-A42B-4BA4-93A9-C54BBCC7A5A8.jpeg
B3E6FD84-0813-413F-BC05-534D1563FEB3.jpeg
5222FC9D-A0B5-45C1-9C96-5CB4E3F97F23.jpeg

I can't read the fine print on those targets. (Just like I can't read the serial number of a Smith & Wesson semi auto pistol from the picture posted here.)

Is this the course of fire for these dots?

• Dot 1 – Draw and fire one string of 5 rounds for best group. One hole if possible, total 5 rounds.

• Dot 2 – Draw and fire 1 shot, holster and repeat X4, total 5 rounds.

• Dots 3 & 4 – Draw and fire 1 shot on #3, then 1 shot on #4, holster and repeat X3, total 8 rounds.

• Dot 5 – Draw and fire string of 5 rounds, strong hand only, total 5 rounds.

• Dots 6 & 7 – Draw and fire 2 shots on #6, then 2 on #7, holster, repeat X4, total 16 rounds.

• Dot 8 – From ready or retention, fire five shots, weak hand only, total 5 rounds.

• Dots 9 & 10 – Draw and fire 1 shot on #9, speed reload, fire 1 shot on #10, holster and repeat X3, total 6 rounds
-----------

I'm pretty sure we did this drill at your (CMshoot's) pistol & carbine competency course a few years ago, and I might even have my targets saved somewhere in the basement, but I may not be able to find it easily.

I can't read the fine print on those targets. (Just like I can't read the serial number of a Smith & Wesson semi auto pistol from the picture posted here.)

• Dot 1 – Draw and fire one string of 5 rounds for best group. One hole if possible, total 5 rounds.

• Dots 3 & 4 – Draw and fire 1 shot on #3, then 1 shot on #4, holster and repeat X3, total 8 rounds.

• Dots 6 & 7 – Draw and fire 2 shots on #6, then 2 on #7, holster, repeat X4, total 16 rounds.

• Dot 8 – From ready or retention, fire five shots, weak hand only, total 5 rounds.

• Dots 9 & 10 – Draw and fire 1 shot on #9, speed reload, fire 1 shot on #10, holster and repeat X3, total 6 rounds
-----------

I'm pretty sure we did this drill at your (CMshoot's) pistol & carbine competency course a few years ago, and I might even have my targets saved somewhere in the basement, but I may not be able to find it easily.

That’s the course of fire. You can download and print the target off the internet.

Yep, we shot it with handguns and shot a modified version with carbines.

Each circle is approximately 1 7/8”.
Nice shooting
Each circle is approximately 1 7/8”.

Here is one I use and also do it in teams of 2. It makes it fun just like playing partners. All shots have to be called but the break.

We let my wife run Her Ruger mark III, and she never misses. We do 5 and 7 yards... It would be no fun playing with you, because you would run every rack!

32CA227C-2C45-4964-A4F5-3659B4D66305.png

-----------

That’s the course of fire. You can download and print the target off the internet.

Yep, we shot it with handguns and shot a modified version with carbines.
Dot torture drill is a great one. You can download the targets here: https://pistol-training.com/drills/dot-torture (click on the first picture). There is also a modified dot torture PDF for DA/SA guns on that site.

Back
Top Bottom