• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Doraville sued over illegal ticketing scheme

The police dept. should have a fixed annual operating budget. Once the funds for that budget have been accumulated, any excess revenue should be credited back towards residents’ property taxes every year. Otherwise, you will always have a tremendous conflict of interest.

That's about the best idea I've ever heard.

They've got a legit shot at winning this case and opening a huge hole for others to go after these revenue chasers. The evidence is right there in black and white. It'll be interesting to see how they justify 30% of the city's budget bottom line coming from fine revenue and it NOT have an influence on the ticketing policies.

Just like Holly Springs police. They would rather collect revenue from Sunday morning church goers on 575 than catch gun thieves less than a mile from their station.

Yeah... There definitely looking for any reason they see fit for a traffic stop. Everyday just look all up and down Sixes Rd.

Any LEO that tells you there is no thing as a "quota" is lying. Keep your stuff tight and don't give them a reason to stop you. Check all your lights regularly, tire pressure, etc. It's never been about 'safety.'

If that was true lane squatters would be pulled over with regularity.

I got pulled over one time by one of Doraville's finest when I used to work close to Buford Highway many years back. He cited me for going through a red light when it was a yellow. I took it to the Doraville court and won the mother******! The ticket was going to run me around $300 to the best of my memory. To say that I stood out in court that day would be an understatement. Cop that pulled me over didn't show up and the judge tossed the fine out. I fought the law and the law DIDN'T win that day! Lol!

Pretty damn common. As near as I can tell the police force here in our town exists only to collect revenue. Their response to actual crimes seems quite muted but they have the fastest ticket books around.
I spoke to the chief in another local town and he said that 1 LG officer writes more tickets a month than his entire police force.
I have been driving around LG since the 80’s

Back
Top Bottom