• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don't buy a used Toyota

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
The neck beards will just leave you frustrated. I was late on one, had been posted for 24 hours on CL. He told me a guy had already sent him a deposit and was going to test drive/buy today. I told him to let me know if it falls through, and he said no problem, there are 9 people on front of you.

I know anything Toyota commands $, but this truck appeared to have been ragged out some and had 130k on an 07 truck. The price was not great, but it was close to kbb upper half value so decent compared to other Toyotas.

Always take it to a mechanic you trust to check it out, as they will find things you will overlook that could end up more than explaining why it is sold at a good price. When my divorce is final and I can sell my car I want to get a Toyota maybe a Honda 4x4 suv or extended cap truck.

As a current Toyota Tacoma owner and having owned all brands at some point, I will say that Toyota guys are among the worst. Don’t even mention a 22R engine to one or you’ll be there for hours listening to them gush over it.

As a current Toyota Tacoma owner and having owned all brands at some point, I will say that Toyota guys are among the worst. Don’t even mention a 22R engine to one or you’ll be there for hours listening to them gush over it.
I've owned a lot of Toyotas (Tacomas and 4Runners mostly) and while they are good vehicles the fandom is way over the top IMO.

Toyota (especially Tacomas of any year) are made from space age materials that never wear out or get damaged. Most of the Toyota motors are designed with alien technology that allows them to run forever with only the occasional oil change but the 22R is even more advanced and only requires gas to be added once a year thanks to it's perpetual technology. They cost so much because you never have to repair or replace a part ever again once you own it.

giphy (3).gif

I'm not sure where the post is going.
You are 10th in line to buy a truck from a neck beard?
The used car people usually wear collared shirts and no line.
Forget the 20r, get a 2UZ-FE.

I saw a guy driving a 1990 Toyota pickup (22R) and he pulled into a vegan restaurant. It had a Cross Fit sticker on the back window. I barely escaped with my life.

I wish ya'll wouldn't say all those bad things about Toyota's. I got a 2007 Camry that I will be listing in a month or so that I bought new and have always used Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil in and has only about 47k miles on it.

So is craigslist where used cars are being sold a lot now? I haven’t bought a car since the 6% tax change which makes private sales not the value they used to be unless it is orig al owner with maintenance records.

That is the place I know of. That whole thing with the tax is messed up, that dealership lobby either laid down some serious cash or knew the right person, or more likely both.

I don't know if there is a better place to look or not. I have no fb but I've heard the marketplace is good for other stuff. No idea on cars.

Always take it to a mechanic you trust to check it out, as they will find things you will overlook that could end up more than explaining why it is sold at a good price. When my divorce is final and I can sell my car I want to get a Toyota maybe a Honda 4x4 suv or extended cap truck.
Yeah, I overlooked some obvious stuff, but it was my first time buying a truck on my own. I should have gotten a Carfax too. Still would have bought it, but I would have pushed for a little lower price than I did.
Had to take it (08 Tacoma) to the local dealership because the leaf springs had a recall shortly after I bought it.

Back
Top Bottom