• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwinnett Subaru is out of Foresters until Jan 15th. i never thought finding a car to buy would be so difficult.

You need to measure your garage area and look up the specs of the vehicle. Long wheel base will probably not fit.
I believe front entrance garages are longer than side entrance. My neighbor parks his F250 FX4 in his front entrance and I cannot fit my FX2 in my side entrance.

Having had a 3 Subarus totaled including a 2017 Forester XT, avoid Subaru like the plauge. I will NEVER own another one.

You can't go wrong with a Tacoma, I just can't get over the fact you have less room, less towing, same MPG, and smaller bed than a full size 1500. Not to mention Toyota is notoriously behind everyone in features and creature comforts.

Completely new Tacoma in 2023.
I have a 15 Tacoma Pro with 72000 miles on t. Couple months ago thought about trading but bad timing for new vehicles due to chip shortage.
Frontier Pro4x - like it. New body and interior. Plenty of features on the top model. Dislike- their flagship Frontier but basically same height as regular Frontier. Small factory lift would have been nice
colorado/canyon- like the zr2 model but interior is outdated. On the forums GM still having some problems with transmissions surging and shocks leaking after 35000 - 40000 miles
Ford Ranger- the one I kinda liked was the Tremor package. Small factory lift. New body style for 2022 just revealed overseas. Will replace current Ranger. More of a F150 front end and vastly improved interior. The Ranger Raptor should be in production by next December. I don’t even want to guess price but probably pushing 55,000.
so I am going to wait and see what the new Tacoma will bring to the table

Tacoma all day and on Sundaies.
This....

20211228_143522.jpg

You can buy a new Tacoma from the dealer cheaper than a used one. The dealer I plan on ordering mine from said it has been taking 60-90 days to get them in after ordering them, but the one I spec'd out was $4k cheaper new versus a used one with miles on it.

Doing some cursory research last night average private party sale is $22k. Trade in of $20.8k
I would see what the dealer offers and then list it privately. The market is crazy. Do not settle and get more than you think its worth.
Toyota all day. When last vehicle shopping my independent mechanics both said "we drive and buy used Toyota's for our families because we don't like fixing our own cars." when I asked what they drive.
I work at an automotive shop. My Boss drives a Camry. My wife drives a Camry. I drive a Tundra. I can somewhat agree with your people. That said our Camry has had the fuel pump replaced twice in 44k miles. There is now a recall but they are taking care of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom