• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota does not do custom builds. Ever.
Dealers are allocated vehicles that Toyota sales puts together. Dealers can put requests in to change some thingd, sometimes, like paint, or port options, but bulk stays the same. Sometimes dealers will trade allocations before truck is build, to get what their customer wants.

Most "custom" options these days are whether you want the $400 Toyota all weather floor mats, or the blacked out badges. I talked to a dealer and built out a Tacoma the way that I want it, which is a Manual, double cab, 4×4 Off-road version with a couple of options and I was quoted $41,××× OTD. Used ones are more than that now.

Most "custom" options these days are whether you want the $400 Toyota all weather floor mats, or the blacked out badges. I talked to a dealer and built out a Tacoma the way that I want it, which is a Manual, double cab, 4×4 Off-road version with a couple of options and I was quoted $41,××× OTD. Used ones are more than that now.
If you are used to driving any other manual the 3rd gen taco might feel very weird in manual. The laggy drive by wire and clutch accumulator will make you think you don't know how to drive a stick. Also, 2nd gear almost always too high to launch from a rolling stop sign, and 1st is almost too low.

After a tune and clutch accumulator delete, it helps, but it's still not like drive by cable with a good feeling clutch.

Your dealer put a request for allocation like that. Toyota may have something matching it ot not. If you dealer did in fact ordered one for you, you should have received a temp VIN. I bet you have not gotten it yet.

Allocations are done every 2 weeks. If you have a good dealer, he will try to match your request to what is being built every 2 weeks. AC vs DC, Manual vs AT are non-negotiable on allocations.
LED headlights and colors sometimes can be changed.
Mats, running boards are port optiions, and almost always can be changed.

First batch of MT Tacos is scheduled for production in March. That includes MT OR, Sport, SR, SR5, Limited and Pro.

Ok, folks, posting pics of my new truck and closing out the thread.

Yup, done with Nissan for sure. Looked for about 3 weeks and found a 2022 SR5 Tacoma, V6 with the tech package; 6 miles on it when I picked it up.

Jeddak Jeddak pointed out some splash guards and a soft bed cover (which were very easy to install). Added a rubber bed mat, UGA hitch cover and front plate. My 6 yr old helped me install the running boards and the red AC vent accents. I think that’s all I’m doing for now. Just got back in it from Nashville seeing Robert Earl Keen’s last tour.

After 5 cars in the last 6 years, I think I’ll hang on to this one a while.

0DF52C43-427D-4887-B444-34FBF501C75B.jpeg
B49B57A0-38EC-4904-90D8-9002CF0FA7C1.jpeg
75BD074E-5B94-49A7-BA0D-7BF0D51F9BEE.jpeg
42EE1110-1EE0-4819-978E-C11724C1BB79.jpeg
A4A275F7-2DD0-42F0-9325-6835FBEB21DA.jpeg
30F321B4-C265-4441-BB86-91492ACE38D8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom