Done with Nissan….need ODT car buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
I’m selling my 2018 Nissan Rogue and looking for something different. Either a Subaru Forester or a pickup. I really only need a pickup for deer hunting and to haul furniture/appliances/etc when we buy them. It’s not used for work or anything heavy duty. Must have room for a car seat, so 4 doors probably required. Must fit in my garage, so compact or mid size.

Considering a Ranger, Tacoma, Ridgeline, GMC Canyon or Maverick.

Who owns a Ranger or Canyon? How ya like it? Any issues?

Anyone test drive a Maverick yet?

Any other suggestions? I want this to be the last car I buy for ten years and I don’t want to replace a transmission.

I own a 19 Ridgeline and have already put 61k on it. Rides like a lux SUV with the longer wheelbase. I have gotten just under 25mpg since it was new. Typical Honda and if you like the Passport, you will feel right at home.

I have a 2018 Chevy Colorado w/t bought new in 12/2017 and so far it works for me. One thing to be careful of is make sure you get the trim level that includes the details that you want. It annoyed me that nowhere in the Chevy literature did it say the sun visors do not slide so they don't block the sun when I flip them to the doors. I just bought visors from a junkyard and its much better, just annoying.
I bought it to tow and so far its worked out. I've towed a boat without trailer brakes and had no problems. It's the v6 4wd crew cab and its been to Florida (where I picked up the boat) and all over Georgia.

Avoid the Colorado and Canyon. (See below if your bored)

If Having a kid in the back I would get something with REAR vents for the rear passengers.

You want a Toyota or Honda.

Just remember on Hondas with the 3.5. You must do the timing belt and water pump on time.

Bad news is prices are high and Toyota is usually the worst. Try waiting about three years if you can for prices to settle out.

Notes from 2018 ZR2: (this is my personal experience and YMMV, couple of things might have improved, but I would avoid like the plague)

No heated steering wheel (came out in 2019)
No cooled Seats
No blinkers in mirror(really this is a great safety feature and many older cars have them much less a 2018)
No vents for rear passenger (if you have 4 doors, upper level trim needs to have rear vents)
No dual climate control (my dads 03 Silverado W/T and my 2002 impala base had it as well, so 16 years later on the upper level trim you don't’ have it?)
Auto climate control sucks (AC kicks on but the AC light doesn't illuminate)
No push button start
No blind spot monitoring (Tacoma has BSM)
No HID headlights (no fogs either on the ZR2)
Lack of leg and thigh support
Driver side does not have “oh crap” handle
Screen does not pop up like most all over GM’s with this same screen (great for storing crap in it)
Door storage is horrible(I mean horrible)
Wireless charging does not hold bigger phones
No home Link
2002 Dodge RAM had better brakes with 20”s
Poor FM reception on radio compared to past vehicles
NO led lights in cabin
No locking box like on silverado in the lower center console
No Brembo brake option (should be standard on zr2 with larger tires)
Light sensor for headlights is poor compared to my 99-03 chevy vehicles
Don't believe it has rain sensing wipers does it?
If your over 6 foot and 200+ pounds I doubt you will find it comfortable. If your XL, give up and RUN RUN RUN.

8 speed is TERRIBLE AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom