• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don’t F with guns if you don’t know what you’re doing

Okay well I never disassemble my G19 any further than field stripping the slide barrel and guide rod. I can see how everything works in the frame but I've never had any reason to remove any of that stuff. So...color me ignorant but what am supposed to see in the pic?

It is assembled incorrectly. If you don’t know what’s wrong, then you don’t know.

It is assembled incorrectly. If you don’t know what’s wrong, then you don’t know.
Would be nice for us "regular" members to see some kind of explanation as to what it is we are looking at. Trying to guess from the comments of those who seem to know everything about every kind of gun ever manufactured since gunpowder was invented makes these sort of posts a waste of reading time for most of us.

Thanks to @OttoMan for enlightening us with his graphic and giving us some insight into the post, certainly made it more understandable and interesting. Seems like everybody else was acting like the alphabet guys would be taking names and kicking ass for even discussing the details.

Rant over, but someone had to say it :becky:.

Would be nice for us "regular" members to see some kind of explanation as to what it is we are looking at. Trying to guess from the comments of those who seem to know everything about every kind of gun ever manufactured since gunpowder was invented makes these sort of posts a waste of reading time for most of us.

Thanks to @OttoMan for enlightening us with his graphic and giving us some insight into the post, certainly made it more understandable and interesting. Seems like everybody else was acting like the alphabet guys would be taking names and kicking ass for even discussing the details.

Rant over, but someone had to say it :becky:.

I’m a Glock Armorer, and I’ve seen too many idiots like the guy that f’ed with this particular handgun. I’m not describing proper disassembly/assembly over the internet. I’ve got a shop at my house, where I’ll happily teach folks IN PERSON how to do it. You wanna learn in person, hit me up. Don’t have a Glock? We can use one of mine.

If it interests you that much, sign up for a Glock Armorer’s Course. They’re inexpensive, and open to anyone.

That won’t work for most folks, because most are cheap and want their stuff for free.

You’re thanking a user for doing what you were too lazy to do; type the wanted info into a Google or YouTube search bar. The information is so obviously easy to find that I did not think I needed to inform someone how to use Google or YouTube. I could DESCRIBE it, but an article with pics and/or video would be much better.

I don’t post stuff that is intended for every single member......I don’t see how anyone could. Pick and choose, that’s what I do. Since I’m an adult, I’m able to make up my own mind. There are entire portions of ODT that I have never ventured into, and never will.

My point was that if you can’t look at the pic and immediately see what is wrong, then you have no business detail stripping and/or modifying a Glock. Go get educated PROPERLY........this ain’t the place.

Thank you for your “rant”. You helped prove my point.

you tube is your friend!!!

Just about the entire sum of human knowledge is at our fingertips, but folks are too ignorant or lazy to access it. They’d rather have someone do it, then pat that person on the back like they’re the one that actually wrote the provided info.

I’m a Glock Armorer, and I’ve seen too many idiots like the guy that f’ed with this particular handgun. I’m not describing proper disassembly/assembly over the internet. I’ve got a shop at my house, where I’ll happily teach folks IN PERSON how to do it. You wanna learn in person, hit me up. Don’t have a Glock? We can use one of mine.

If it interests you that much, sign up for a Glock Armorer’s Course. They’re inexpensive, and open to anyone.

That won’t work for most folks, because most are cheap and want their stuff for free.

You’re thanking a user for doing what you were too lazy to do; type the wanted info into a Google or YouTube search bar. The information is so obviously easy to find that I did not think I needed to inform someone how to use Google or YouTube. I could DESCRIBE it, but an article with pics and/or video would be much better.

I don’t post stuff that is intended for every single member......I don’t see how anyone could. Pick and choose, that’s what I do. Since I’m an adult, I’m able to make up my own mind. There are entire portions of ODT that I have never ventured into, and never will.

My point was that if you can’t look at the pic and immediately see what is wrong, then you have no business detail stripping and/or modifying a Glock. Go get educated PROPERLY........this ain’t the place.

Thank you for your “rant”. You helped prove my point.
Sorry, but you completely misunderstood my comments.

I am conversant with Google and use it frequently but there was nothing in the first post that could be googled. And posting the graphic and asking what it represented would not have given me any insight into it's meaning. Your picture seemed to suggest at best, an example of a botched up trigger job, and at worst, an example of an illegal trigger job (i.e. full auto.).

I certainly wasn't asking for comprehensive instructions and a detailed description on how to change/replace/upgrade the firing mechanism on a Glock. (nothing against Glocks, just not my personal preference).

A simple caption on the picture would have sufficed. e.g. "what happens when you try to replace/upgrade a trigger assembly on a Glock but don't know what you are doing".

Is that too much to ask?

Back
Top Bottom