• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone reload 7.62x25 Tokarev or 7.63x25 Mauser ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
This may sound a bit strange, but I have a box of 7.62x25 Privi I'd like to get reloaded as 7.63x25 Mauser, (new price right now is a bit $$).

Dimensionally the rounds are the same, just the Mauser is loaded to a lower velocity.

The reason is I have an old Broomhandle, I don't plan on shooting it, but I like to have 50 rounds on hand for any gun I have.

Could anyone help me out ?

This may sound a bit strange, but I have a box of 7.62x25 Privi I'd like to get reloaded as 7.63x25 Mauser, (new price right now is a bit $$).

Dimensionally the rounds are the same, just the Mauser is loaded to a lower velocity.

The reason is I have an old Broomhandle, I don't plan on shooting it, but I like to have 50 rounds on hand for any gun I have.

Could anyone help me out ?

Choot it! Choot it!

I think you're on the right track, I don't think I'd feed modern prvi 7.62x25 through an old broomhandle either. I'd stick with as tame an old 30 Mauser load from an old school loading manual. Actually my personal preference, I'd probably go powder coated cast slugs and a mild load out of an older Lyman cast bullet reloading book.

If I reloaded and could produce a really mild load I probably would, but I don't, so have to treat 105 year old parts with respect :)

Been reloading Tokarev for a few years. Cases on the 7.62x25 are going to be too short for the Mauser round. PM me if you need assistance.

Been reloading Tokarev for a few years. Cases on the 7.62x25 are going to be too short for the Mauser round. PM me if you need assistance.

Interesting, I don't reload so haven't looked into the dimensions. Historically the Tokarev round was the Russian version of 30 Mauser. I had read that Priv use the same case for Tok and Mauser, just with different loads. Certainly use the same 85g fmg bullet.

Google does say the Tok case spec is 0.15mm shorter. However Lee has the OAL tolerance as 0.889mm, so would have thought it's workable.

Back
Top Bottom