• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Anyone Have T-Mobile's Home Internet Service?

Have you upgraded your SIM card since the switch to 5G? I had crappy service the last few months and just chalked it up to bad service. I went to upgrade my phone after 3 years and they said all I needed was the new sim card. Popped it in and boom! Signal again. It's worth a shot.

Also, phones switch towers automatically but sometimes the phone won't switch (especially if roaming is off). When I go to work, I restart my phone and the same when I get home. Just to ensure I'm on the best network.

Lastly, you can test your connection by turning off 4G/4G LTE. If it has better signal in 3G, upgrade your SIM card. If not, go by the phone store or call and tell them the issue you're having. They should be able to send a refresh signal to your phone. Hope that helps.
I have new physical SIM cards coming on Wednesday, along with our home router. I just discovered this e-sim card tonight and thought I’d give it a try. I’ll use the real SIM cards when they arrive.

So, this morning, I’m relegated to T-Mobile’s Edge network. Don’t know what happened to the 5G I had last night, but I ain’t happy. We’ll see what happens when I leave for work. Fortunately, at home I still have my MiFi router with 4G from Verizon.

2BE58E74-F294-484B-AC96-27E3E60ABF2D.png

Here are my speed test results from tonight less than 5 mins apart. T-Mobile wifi and Verizon cellular with maximum signal strength.

238045D3-004E-40F8-976F-F53C308EC3E3.jpeg
76CDEAEE-F01A-49C5-8A17-0BC8C1326F51.jpeg

Never ever base any speed test you do off of the carrier/provider app/test sight. Always use a third party app or site!!! OOkla aka speed test has worked for me for years and gives me true readings. I have a customer that used T-Mobile home gateway to run his whole home WiFi, streaming, camera system, audio system and his business and haven’t had any issues so far

Never ever base any speed test you do off of the carrier/provider app/test sight. Always use a third party app or site!!! OOkla aka speed test has worked for me for years and gives me true readings. I have a customer that used T-Mobile home gateway to run us while home WiFi, streaming, camera system, audio system and his business and haven’t had any issues so far
Thanks for the tip…. I just downloaded the ”Ookla” app, seems to be legit … I will have a talk with my provider. I am paying for their top internet speed of 300 mbps and I am getting 60 for download and freaking 16 for upload.😡🤬🥵

Never ever base any speed test you do off of the carrier/provider app/test sight. Always use a third party app or site!!! OOkla aka speed test has worked for me for years and gives me true readings. I have a customer that used T-Mobile home gateway to run his whole home WiFi, streaming, camera system, audio system and his business and haven’t had any issues so far
I use a couple different sources, including OOkla. The one above is ETC, which is an internet service provider, but it’s not affiliated with Verizon or T-Mobile.

Thanks for the tip…. I just downloaded the ”Ookla” app, seems to be legit … I will have a talk with my provider. I am paying for their top internet speed of 300 mbps and I am getting 60 for download and freaking 16 for upload.😡🤬🥵

Are you using wired or wireless connection? The speed is based on wired connection at peak performance. So, of course, these companies get away with advertising "up to ____" speeds, despite knowing it won't even reach half of that on the regular.

Back
Top Bottom