• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Anyone Have T-Mobile's Home Internet Service?

I forgot about the stores using the cell boosters. I guess I’ll have to see for sure when they send the SIM cards to me.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have phone service with T-Mobile for almost five years, wifey like them. BUT, with all the extra things they have added into their stuff even buying Sprint, they still suck. If you go any little farther into the woods, no more signal.

They send me message very often to have home internet with them, BUT if I don’t like their cellphone services, I am sure I won’t like the home service either.

One cool thing about T-Mobile and that’s what make me a bit happier, is that if you go overseas almost everywhere they will make your phone to work with some little extra fees, way, way cheaper than Verizon. I think I paid extra $5 bucks, something like that.

Tested the 5g while eating at buffalos. It's been faster when it's not so crowded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-195059_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-195059_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 18
UPDATE: Apparently, T-Mobile has an E-SIM card you can download from the App Store. This enables you to try their data from your phone without changing carriers.

Here’s my T-Mobile test from the exact same spot in my home. Looks like it’s bye bye Verizon.
6F23A52E-E2D0-4D4D-9D30-9AFC029B34E2.jpeg

Do you have AT&T or Comcast as an option?

I had Comcast Fiber but when I built my new house it wasn’t available in my area. So I tried AT&T and haven’t had issues thus far. Gig speed may not be available for you, but the service is still worth looking into.

167449D9-8544-4410-B904-EC8A5EB128FF.jpeg

9AEF28E1-155B-408C-960B-2DE8F6BFE518.jpeg

Do you have AT&T or Comcast as an option?

I had Comcast Fiber but when I built my new house it wasn’t available in my area. So I tried AT&T and haven’t had issues thus far. Gig speed may not be available for you, but the service is still worth looking into.

View attachment 3724793

View attachment 3724792
That’s pretty damn fast. AT&T cellular s available here, but EVERYONE I talk to with it, hates it. They’re always complaining about the service. I guess that’s part of living in the mountains.

UPDATE: Apparently, T-Mobile has an E-SIM card you can download from the App Store. This enables you to try their data from your phone without changing carriers.

Here’s my T-Mobile test from the exact same spot in my home. Looks like it’s bye bye Verizon.
View attachment 3724647

Have you upgraded your SIM card since the switch to 5G? I had crappy service the last few months and just chalked it up to bad service. I went to upgrade my phone after 3 years and they said all I needed was the new sim card. Popped it in and boom! Signal again. It's worth a shot.

Also, phones switch towers automatically but sometimes the phone won't switch (especially if roaming is off). When I go to work, I restart my phone and the same when I get home. Just to ensure I'm on the best network.

Lastly, you can test your connection by turning off 4G/4G LTE. If it has better signal in 3G, upgrade your SIM card. If not, go by the phone store or call and tell them the issue you're having. They should be able to send a refresh signal to your phone. Hope that helps.

That’s pretty damn fast. AT&T is available here, but EVERYONE I talk to with it, hates it. They’re always complaining about the service. I guess that’s part of living in the mountains.

Yeah, location is everything. I had AT&T in Camp Lejeune and it was terrible. Swore I'd never go back but didn't have a choice at the new house. Surprise, surprise it's been excellent.

Back
Top Bottom