• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does Anyone Have T-Mobile's Home Internet Service?

GAK9

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
36   0
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a lot about it today after talking with my son. According to their service map, I can get their 5G Ultra speeds at my house. I currently average 12-25mbps download speeds with Verizon. It is fast enough to stream tv, but they throttle us every night at 6 pm, no matter how much data I’ve used. Internet service through ETC is extremely slow here.

I went to a t mobile store in Woodstock earlier today and the sales guy did a download speed test of our phones. My Verizon download speed was 129 mbps and his was 397 mbps. I’ve literally gotten download speeds of 1.27 mbps on Verizon 5G.

Don't know about their ISP but recently switched to their cell phone service and over 300 mbs on cheap 5G phone. I intend to use as hotspot to work remote occasionally.
I’m having them send me SIM cards for mine and my wife’s phones. If we get consistent service, we’ll switch.

We had Sprint when we moved to GA 7 years ago. Absolutely no reasonable coverage in Gilmer County, so I was apprehensive about trying T-Mobile since they bought Sprint. That’s why I’m going to try them first before I commit.

Been with Verizon for our 7 years here and their 5G speeds are ridiculously slow. I used to work for AT&T years ago, but their coverage here was worse than Sprint.

I’ve been reading a lot about it today after talking with my son. According to their service map, I can get their 5G Ultra speeds at my house. I currently average 12-25mbps download speeds with Verizon. It is fast enough to stream tv, but they throttle us every night at 6 pm, no matter how much data I’ve used. Internet service through ETC is extremely slow here.

I went to a t mobile store in Woodstock earlier today and the sales guy did a download speed test of our phones. My Verizon download speed was 129 mbps and his was 397 mbps. I’ve literally gotten download speeds of 1.27 mbps on Verizon 5G.
I have both comcast and the new 5g home internet. I need it out at my new house but only hughes services the area. I also picked up 2 mobile hot spots.

the comcast gives me about 28 down. T-mobile about 20 down. The hotspots about 12 down. I took the hot spot out to my new house (t-mobile not available) and got 20 down during the day! At night only 1-3 down.

If t-mobile offers 5g in your area, it’ll be ok. Comcast is way better.

Make it worth my while and I’ll bring the t-mobile 5g home internet out to your house for you to test drive.

I have both comcast and the new 5g home internet. I need it out at my new house but only hughes services the area. I also picked up 2 mobile hot spots.

the comcast gives me about 28 down. T-mobile about 20 down. The hotspots about 12 down. I took the hot spot out to my new house (t-mobile not available) and got 20 down during the day! At night only 1-3 down.

If t-mobile offers 5g in your area, it’ll be ok. Comcast is way better.

Make it worth my while and I’ll bring the t-mobile 5g home internet out to your house for you to test drive.
They’re sending me a 5G home internet router for free along with the SIM cards. Should be here Tuesday.

We had Sprint when we moved to GA 7 years ago. Absolutely no reasonable coverage in Gilmer County, so I was apprehensive about trying T-Mobile since they bought Sprint. That’s why I’m going to try them first before I commit.

Been with Verizon for our 7 years here and their 5G speeds are ridiculously slow. I used to work for AT&T years ago, but their coverage here was worse than Sprint.

I have T-moblie, was with Sprint then the buy out. Our phone service sucks worse now then it did with Sprint.

With testing at the stores, please understand every carrier uses a cell booster at the stores so the speeds are always faster then walking out the door. I can confirm, T-moblie, Sprint, Verizon and AT&T all did/do this.

I have LTE service with T-Mobil.
1st screen scab is testing the LTE.
2nd is home internet, for comparison.
Screenshot_20211129-002124.png
Screenshot_20211129-002347.png

We were with Sprint for 20 years and were platinum customers. Always had to walk outside to get cell service. When they wouldn't offer us the same deals as new customers, we threatened to leave. They didn't care. That is until we started porting our numbers over to T-Mobile. They offered us a lot of extras to stay, but we felt like too little too late.
Been with T-Mobile for 4 years and they've been great. Wouldn't want to leave them anytime soon. Verizon, at&t, Sprint, etc., none of them had a great cell signal at our house. But T-Mobile had full bars, even in the basement.
We have 4g and 5g at the house and it's faster than all the other services here. 5g is a little spotty in certain places, but I've gotten 283mb down and 26 mb up on my phone with 4g. I use the hotspot for streaming, computers and Xbox with zero issues if the Wi-Fi goes down. I haven't really tested the 5g, but I imagine the results would be faster. I don't know about their home service, only what our phones do. Here's some tests I just did tonight that were on 4g.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-025407_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-025407_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20211129-025033_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-025033_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20211129-024809_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-024809_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom