• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have dentures.

chewing gum will give you fits. I never dipped with em in but I can see that grit getting under them and make for a hell of a problem.

A friend mentioned having them remove the back two teeth from the dentures. Supposedly this makes them less gaggy and easier to take in and out. Anyone had this done? Im just worried they may be less stable.

I just took a dremel to mine till I quit gagging. I cut a lot of the palate area out. NOT what you should do but I did. At some point I plan to go with an upper attached to implants. It's an expensive process but a lot more like natural chewing i'm told.
If you can afford it , it's definitely the way to go.

Look into having implants. You have to wait six months. (don't wait longer) they implant a titanium post into your bone and glue a fake tooth on top. Works like the real deal.

The reason for the wait is so the bone will heal to be ready for the implant. If you wait too long the bone deteriorates and they have to surgically implant bone because the bone thins out over time.

(they didn't tell me the last part either)

I just took a dremel to mine till I quit gagging. I cut a lot of the palate area out. NOT what you should do but I did. At some point I plan to go with an upper attached to implants. It's an expensive process but a lot more like natural chewing i'm told.
If you can afford it , it's definitely the way to go.
yeah the damn things will gag you

First 14 days will be rough, while soft tissue is healing. Next 2 months will be manageable but not pleasant as bone heals and remodels. As the bone heals, it atrophies. Without teeth, the jaw bone shrinks; over time you’ll need to have the plates relined to fit the jaws as the they shrink. A way to avoid bone loss and have more stable plates is to put a couple implants in each arch. The plate can literally snap onto these and do not move around, help maintain bone volume over the years and give you more confidence.
I also recommend getting a cheap backup set. Dentures break, sink, get lost, get eaten by pets, disappear, etc... (imagine being on vacation and your plate breaks or is eaten by the dog. A backup set allows for you to have teeth while your good set is repaired or newly made.
I’ve seen it all over 23 yrs.

**** I wasn’t offered or even told about the implants so they can onto them wtf wish I had you when I had this done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I edc backup pocket teeth as faithfully as my edc my backup pistol gotta eat and gotta smile, gotta shoot so why not, they fit nicely in shirt pocket till needed.

I had an appointment on Monday to have an evaluation. I am planning to have my upper teeth extracted and getting upper dentures. Im tired of being in pain and if Im going live Im going to learn to smile and want a a decent smile. I will have them removed and Ill get my temp dentures that day and then permanents once my gums heal. The molds have been done and now just waiting for my appointment.

Just curious if anyone has tips and pointers? What did you eat the first while? Did you lose a lot of weight? Will I ever be able to eat a steak again?
I have people in my family eat steaks hamburgers just about everything with NO TEETH lol. They told me your gums get tough over time.

Back
Top Bottom