• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have dentures.

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I had an appointment on Monday to have an evaluation. I am planning to have my upper teeth extracted and getting upper dentures. Im tired of being in pain and if Im going live Im going to learn to smile and want a a decent smile. I will have them removed and Ill get my temp dentures that day and then permanents once my gums heal. The molds have been done and now just waiting for my appointment.

Just curious if anyone has tips and pointers? What did you eat the first while? Did you lose a lot of weight? Will I ever be able to eat a steak again?

I don’t yet but jury’s out as far as the future. I have had many family members that had them and I couldn’t tell that they affected them with what they ate.

I have tops I can eat most anything apples have to be cut up and carrots are tough to do. I only wear em to eat, I dont smile cause I hate everything
That’s the best thing I’ve read yet. I’ve read lots and see that the first few weeks are liquid. The next few weeks are soft solids and then progress. I’m trying to learn to smile

I have had full dentures a while. You will eventually be able to eat everything again. Its uncomfortable at first. It will take a while to get used to them. Once you heal up, get your permanent set and everything fits good…..you will be a lot more comfortable. They are going to drive you nuts the first couple of months but eventually you will get used to them.
All in all, you will do fine.
Make sure you take all your antibiotics, if you smoke, you will need to lay off the first few days or a week after the extractions.
Good luck….and dont worry, you will be smiling big soon :becky:

I have just the tops. My teeth was so small from years if grinding it was the most cost ehhective to do. My first set lasted about five years. The first set was the most expensive you could get. I think they were about 1700 just for the dentures. My second set I bought was the basic set and spent about 500. Honestly I cannot tell the difference. They both fit great and I have had no problem with them. I eat steak a couple times a week. Just cut the bites small and chew on the back teeth. I constantly eat ice and also have no problems. My dumb but had all the teeth pulled on a Friday and left for vacation on Saturday. I had a lot of baked fish and cream potatoes for the next seven days. Takes about a month to get use to them.

I have tops. Had real bad experience getting them fitted. Dentist used wrong stuff and they were glued to me and getting tighter. After about an hour he told me I would have to come back. I told him I wasn’t leaving until he got them out. At 3 hrs I told him to cut them out. So he did. He got me a second one but I just couldn’t get used to it. He wouldn’t modify it like I wanted so I just don’t wear them. I can eat most stuff ok but some stuff I can’t. I would love some fritos. Lol. Bottom teeth have been getting worse so don’t think I’m far off from a full set. Hope they are better. And I have a full beard and don’t smile so nobody ever knows unless I tell them.

Back
Top Bottom