• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you keep the original boxes for you firearms?

Do you keep original firearm boxes?

• Yes, I do it adds to the value when I sell it.

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No, I just toss it out it has no future value.

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lexm41

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
191   0
Reaction score
I saw a rifle posted and was interested but the OP was asking a higher price than I was wanted to pay. I sent the OP a PM and asked him if he had the original box. I told the OP that without the original box, paperwork and the test target that it was priced too high.
His response to me is here.
( It was a cardboard box. If it were in truly NIB condition then I'd expect it, but it's a lightly-used gun. I'd never expect someone to still have the cardboard box their used gun came in.)

Do you guys keep your boxes or toss them out like like this OP?

I keep the paperwork. If it's a plastic case box, I keep it because they are useful. Carboard boxes go bye bye after the gun is used a few times.

EDIT to add that a cardboard box would not add any value to a used gun purchase for me.

I had a bunch of old handgun boxes that I sold on ebay years ago. The old Colt boxes sold for more than the guns cost.

If I buy a gun I keep the box, they add value to the gun if nothing else.

Any real gun (a nice one) I got was in a case or a non-kraft cardboard box (e.g., really nice white, logoed or design box). IMO, the real value to purchasers with the original box is so they can flip it later as one they've had in a safe somewhere....

Back
Top Bottom