• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have camo brand loyalty?

All my hunting clothes came from Walmart and is a mix of mossy oak and real tree. Been using the same stuff for 10 years, never washed any of it and it has held up well. My favorite pair of overalls got ripped 10 years ago and I had to switch to pants cause apparently they don't make uninsulated overalls any more. The ones I had were first gen mossy oak walls brand and were probably 10 years old or older.

You haven't washed them in 10 years?

All my hunting clothes came from Walmart and is a mix of mossy oak and real tree. Been using the same stuff for 10 years, never washed any of it and it has held up well. My favorite pair of overalls got ripped 10 years ago and I had to switch to pants cause apparently they don't make uninsulated overalls any more. The ones I had were first gen mossy oak walls brand and were probably 10 years old or older.
You couldn’t sew up the overalls? Deer wouldn’t care.

Does not really matter in the Georgia woods, as long as my top pattern doesn't match the bottom I'm good. Get something comfortable and worry more about scent and sound in my opinion.

IMG_0588.jpg
got my new hunting shoes for this season

Deer can't tell the difference between all those earth tones. One of the few colors they can see is blue. And white. If you want to hide from deer you are better off altering your outline in 3d camo (not blue or white with non reflective dull colors washed in uv dampening laundry detergent) and remaining still. The latter probably being the most important.

Definitely no loyalty from me. I prefer Mossy Oak to Realtree, but I own both. I've accumulated a ton of stuff over the years, and most of it is militaria garments from all over the world...I find them to be better made, generally, and many times less expensive.

Stay still and your chances of not being seen are much better.

Back
Top Bottom