• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do You Feel Old

Over the years I’ve learned to recognize the onset of my tendinitis & gout and generally catch them pretty early

That’s a direct result of letting them get way too bad several times prior

I also am able to tell the difference between a kidney infection and a kidney stone pretty quick now

Kidney stones forever removed my Superman status - Best can I figure they are composed of Kryptonite

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kidney stones can and will make you wish you were dead. I passed one while in the shower. The pain was so intense I passed out and ran my head into the hot water handle and the faucet. End result was a trip to the ER, 17 stitches and a fear of pissing for almost a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recently deposited around 3am one long night. Anyone who knows, knows......what I am talking about.
20200430_094913.jpg

Don’t get me started. I’ve been a lineman for the largest phone company in the world for going on 32 years. It wears your body out. 3 right shoulder surgeries, 4 knee surgeries and a titanium knee. Lower back fused from L5 to S1. Carpal tunnel surgeries both hands. Un-countable cuts and stitches. Been knocked out, knocked off poles, fallen off poles, dislocated shoulders and elbows. I wake up every morning feeling like someone snuck in to my room and beat the s*#t out of me with a baseball bat. Funny thing is if I had it to do all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.

side note;
Suffered with gout for about 10 years. It flared up about twice a year. Worst pain in the world. If wind blew on it I wanted to cry like a baby. Same treatment every time. When in to my doctor during an episode and they had a new PA. He asked if I had ever been prescribed Allopurinol. Nope, never had. He wrote me a script and I have never had it since. One little white pill every mourning with my caffeine has changed my life.

Last time I passed one (several years ago thank god) the doctor told me it was the closet a man could come to felling what it was like to give birth.
Spent couple of decades at the phone company but didn't get to climb poles. Good Lord that was a tough job. Thanks for your service when universal service meant something. On the stone note you are correct. Last time 15MM had to be laser beamed. That was an adventure I never want to repeat. Getting old sux but the alternative ain't so good either.

Recently deposited around 3am one long night. Anyone who knows, knows......what I am talking about.
View attachment 2681266
A little bigger than my last one and I hope it was my Last One . When i passed mine it felt like somebody punched me in the nuts for a split second but then all the pain was gone. I was up all night with it before that ...... my wife tried to comfort me by rubbing my ankle haha I very respectfully asked her not to touch me again. Tried to get me to go to the hospital , I told her "I can't move and just gonna lay here and die in my bed" . It's funny now but there ain't a dang thang funny about it when you got one. Mine was real jagged looking almost like a 3D star . Hope nobody else ever get's'em . I think the Saw Palmetto i took that night helped me pass it.

Back
Top Bottom