• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you do your own land/hunting club maintance?

Do you pay someone to maintain your property/hunting club?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No, but would consider hiring someone to do so at a reasonable price.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Been giving some serious thought to offering land prep and land maintenance services. I've got a tractor and some implements and I'm happiest when outside working, so thought why not look into offering this as a service and making some extra $ while doing so. I've got a harrow, seed spreader, dirt pan, scrape blade, rotary mower, and looking to purchase a side mount rotary mower (mounts to tractor but allows you to cut vertically) so that I can cut back limbs and things growing into roads and also considered picking up a backhoe attachment for the tractor as well. So, here are my questions. Do you (or people you know) currently maintain your own property/hunting club or do you hire someone to do these services for you? Also, if presented with the opportunity to pay for services like this at a reasonable price, would you be inclined to do so?

Thanks for your input!

Maintain my own with my own equipment. Tractor, front end loader, bush hog, box blade, spring tooth plow, discs, drag.
Can't figure out grading for drainage on a short and steep road though. :(
Backhoe would be sweet. As would cultipacker... and auger... and spreader...and.....

Maintain my own with my own equipment. Tractor, front end loader, bush hog, box blade, spring tooth plow, discs, drag
. Can't figure out grading for drainage on a short a steep road though. :(
Backhoe would be sweet. As would cultipacker... and auger... and.....

LOL Yeah, the list of equipment I "need" quickly grown when I start thinking about it too.

Heck no... why do you think all the eeehlegals are heading to GA. They do the work, I save on inshowance and all the other costs related to owning my own stuff... That way I have more moolah for hand-held toys!

The clubs I've been on in the past had work days to do planting and maintenance .

Most serious hunters showed up and took part. A couple guys brought tractors and plowed, harrowed,bughogged, etc.

A small club I was on had a local guy come in that cut the roads, power lines and small spots for some rabbit hunting rights. We would give him some money and he'd plow our food plots too :)

I enjoyed going down and working on the club myself :0)

club upkeep is part of the enjoyment of having a club, I would not pay anyone to do it. only $ I would pay would be to rent equipment to fix roads every few years

I see you're down my way. I could use some work done on a piece of land I own in Claxton. I've paid $75 an hour before but it's tough to find people that do bush hogging and such around here. I have access to a tractor and attachments but no trailer right now. PM me if you're interested in talking about it

Well, decided I am gonna offer up tractor work for hire. Not afraid to do a little traveling to get to a job so keep me in mind if anyone down around my area needs any work done. Be glad to look at what you want done to see if it’s something I could do with the equipment I have.

Been giving some serious thought to offering land prep and land maintenance services. I've got a tractor and some implements and I'm happiest when outside working, so thought why not look into offering this as a service and making some extra $ while doing so. I've got a harrow, seed spreader, dirt pan, scrape blade, rotary mower, and looking to purchase a side mount rotary mower (mounts to tractor but allows you to cut vertically) so that I can cut back limbs and things growing into roads and also considered picking up a backhoe attachment for the tractor as well. So, here are my questions. Do you (or people you know) currently maintain your own property/hunting club or do you hire someone to do these services for you? Also, if presented with the opportunity to pay for services like this at a reasonable price, would you be inclined to do so?

Thanks for your input!
Yes. I live in NC & I currently pay for someone to do all the bush hog work on my lease in Ramer Alabama and I also pay for someone to come in and disc the food plots so that they are ready for me to come down and plant on a specific weekend in Sept. I am currently paying $ 400 for each of these services to be performed each year so I know the need it there for these services especially for folks like me that are out of town and have limited time to get task accomplished.

Back
Top Bottom