• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you believe Bigfoot is real? (Poll)

Do they exist?

• Total voters
If that's the most compelling footage there is, it just seems to make my point for me.
The second one was actually funny. "Hey look a bigfoot! Quick give me the camera (before you screw up and get an actual clear image)! I'm unarmed so let me run after it!" :lol:

23ED69AF-5DFE-4EA9-9828-1F2D52C7D745.gif

Gappy is half squatch

I voted yes, but with a caveat.

I consider Bigfoot/Sasquatch, Yeti etc to be the folkloric remnant of interactions between ancient human populations and species of apes belonging to the genus Gigantopithicus.

These likely extinct apes are considered by biologists to be a cousin of orangutans.

This taken with stories from some Native American groups about their ancestors having conflicts with "red haired giants", as well as the Romans, Carthaginians and some other contemporary groups initially believing African gorillas to be a race of men seems to lend a measure of credence to this hypothesis.

Another possibility is that much like mammoths it's feasible that small isolated populations of Gigantopithicus may have continued to exist in very remote regions until relatively recently, thus further fueling folklore and alleged sightings.

Back
Top Bottom