• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Direct hire permanent civil service jobs in Kings Bay GA

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
THE FOLLOWING JOB ANNOUNCMENTS ARE NOW POSTED ON INDEED.COM AND OPEN TO ALL U.S.CITIZENS:

Industrial Painter WG-4102-09

Tile & Plate setter WG-3604-08/10

Transportation Assistant GS-2106-06

These Announcements will close 18 Oct 2020

Please follow the below link to view listed job announcements:

https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Trident+Refit+Facility&l=Kings+Bay+Naval+Submarine+Support+Base,+GA&rbc=Trident+Refit+Facility+Kings+Bay+Naval+Base&jcid=ef89104164a62d00

Best regards,

Christy G. Denney

Work Force Development Program Manager

Beneficial Suggestion Program Manager

Process Improvement Program Manager

NAVSEA Lean Six Sigma Black Belt

TRIDENT Refit Facility Kings Bay

Code 105.3

990 USS Thomas Jefferson Drive

Kings Bay, GA 31547

christy.denney@navy.mil

Office:(912)573-2214

Fax: (912)573-9392

If the listing is set to close within a week of posting then, they already know who is getting the job. Seen it way too many times. jobs that are posted like this that close that soon are for friends and family of the people already working there.

Go Ahead, say it isn't so.

If the listing is set to close within a week of posting then, they already know who is getting the job. Seen it way too many times. jobs that are posted like this that close that soon are for friends and family of the people already working there.

Incorrect...And most that are 7-10 closings are truly openings. (direct hire means your resume goes straight to a hiring manager vs. the normal red tape which takes months) If the postings are open for long periods of time that means they are anticipating openings down the road but not actually now.

It may have been so in the past but no more. Resume still has to grade out with enough points to get offered an interview before people can be hired or HR will now kick them back. Work force on this base is older and people are retiring. Add to that the amount of work these shops support and they need help. This is why they have been given direct hire authorization to bypass the USAJOBS typical hiring process. TRF is also looking ahead at the new SSBN support that will be needed.

If your resume is not being sent to the hiring manager it's because your resume needs work. If you don't apply you definitely won't get the job.

BTW each job may have multiple openings. For example a direct hire supply entry level job a few weeks back had one listing but they were looking to fill 9 positions.

Retired Army E-8, Disable Veteran Preference, 78 GS Government Jobs applied for over the last 20 years, NOT ONE INTERVIEW. Tell me again how the system is fair and jobs are not offered mostly to friends and family. Nepotism is strong in the Government Job Hiring System.

I have seen with my own eyes (While working as a Contractor at Government Facilities), how job descriptions are written and re-written specifically for the person they want to hire. The whole system is a scam unless you know someone that can help you by dropping your name to the hiring official.

So, I continue to work as a Contractor, at Government Facilities, doing the work that the Government Employee was hired to do in the first place but can't because their resume was inflated anyway. They only got the job because they knew someone, or the other obvious reasons.

I have given up applying for GS Jobs. Mostly because of the hiring practices I have seen from Brunswick to Fort Stewart. Besides, I'm only going to work for Maybe 3 more years anyway.

It may have been so in the past but no more. Resume still has to grade out with enough points to get offered an interview before people can be hired or HR will now kick them back. Work force on this base is older and people are retiring. Add to that the amount of work these shops support and they need help. This is why they have been given direct hire authorization to bypass the USAJOBS typical hiring process. TRF is also looking ahead at the new SSBN support that will be needed.

If your resume is not being sent to the hiring manager it's because your resume needs work. If you don't apply you definitely won't get the job.

BTW each job may have multiple openings. For example a direct hire supply entry level job a few weeks back had one listing but they were looking to fill 9 positions.
BS

I happen to work here at Trident Refit Facility. I am retired Navy 20yrs. If your resume is written correctly you can get hired as well. Instead of calling BS, if you need help or maybe a few pointers on your resume shoot me a message.

I was able to help a local electrician get a job here after going through his resume with him. I can't promise that will work for all.

Retired Army E-8, Disable Veteran Preference, 78 GS Government Jobs applied for over the last 20 years, NOT ONE INTERVIEW. Tell me again how the system is fair and jobs are not offered mostly to friends and family. Nepotism is strong in the Government Job Hiring System.

I have seen with my own eyes (While working as a Contractor at Government Facilities), how job descriptions are written and re-written specifically for the person they want to hire. The whole system is a scam unless you know someone that can help you by dropping your name to the hiring official.

So, I continue to work as a Contractor, at Government Facilities, doing the work that the Government Employee was hired to do in the first place but can't because their resume was inflated anyway. They only got the job because they knew someone, or the other obvious reasons.

I have given up applying for GS Jobs. Mostly because of the hiring practices I have seen from Brunswick to Fort Stewart. Besides, I'm only going to work for Maybe 3 more years anyway.

Sir, I don't know you but if you have applied to 78 GS jobs and have never once been referred or interviewed then the problem is the information in your resume. I am not related to anyone that works here nor was I friends with anyone when I was offered my first GS-11 job here. My personal problem was my resume and after correcting my mistakes and format I was then getting my resume sent to the hiring manager for them to look at. Here at this base they normally use USAJOBS.GOV. You use their format and not your own to submit a resume. Once submitted the computer selects resumes for review based on key words and phrases in your resume. Those resumes are then sent to actual persons for grading. The points are added and he who has the most points gets the phone call for an interview or gets hired. Some jobs do not require an interview. Here lately at TRF they have been given permission to direct hire people and not use USAJOBS. You submit your resume and if it grades out you get called to interview or get hired. That's how it works.

That being said there are family members that work here and why shouldn't they everyone needs a job. No need to get bitter over it. Happy to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom