• eat it

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • pet it

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • leave it alone

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
From the Wiki Page:
" Females travel over land to find sandy soil in which to lay their eggs, often some distance from the water. After digging a hole, the female typically deposits 25 to 80 eggs each year, guiding them into the nest with her hind feet and covering them with sand for incubation and protection. Incubation time is temperature-dependent, ranging from 9 to 18 weeks."
But there's beaches and sandy banks all over that property, and that's a road. I didn't see anything about them purposefully avoiding water. That's not a unique spot as far as the soil goes, and she had to climb up a hill to get to it. Maybe she just don't give a damn and was like "ok - plop plop" lol...

Im gonna dig next time I'm out there. Gotta know now.

It's a common flippin snapping turtle. They move lot's this time of year for breading. Just leave it alone and all will be well. Just part of nature. Good grief.....

Definitely either laying eggs or diggin the hole for them. These things are VERY skittish in an out of the water. They typically haul ass when they see you. Also, the don't bask like Sliders. Let her be...

Definitely either laying eggs or diggin the hole for them. These things are VERY skittish in an out of the water. They typically haul ass when they see you. Also, the don't bask like Sliders. Let her be...
This thing was in no mood whatsoever to haul ass, or even think about moving from that exact spot. However, she wasn't there when I came back through an hour later. I been around em, I know they don't play.

Back
Top Bottom