Votes: 1 2.7%
  • eat it

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • pet it

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • leave it alone

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
against the law to kill em but who gives a **** about laws. Not this holier than thou bunch of know it alls
Im only gonna kill it if it decides to make itself comfortable. We're in a battle with the wilderness out there, and I don't need no toe cutters complicating things. It can have the east side if it wants to keep livin.

Nice sized snapper. Some folks will eat that thing.

I used to see those huge alligator snappers in ponds when I lived in Barrow county. Now those are really dinosaurs. Take your toes off boot and all.
zAlligator_snapping_turtle1-949x475.jpg

Nice sized snapper. Some folks will eat that thing.

I used to see those huge alligator snappers in ponds when I lived in Barrow county. Now those are really dinosaurs. Take your toes off boot and all.
View attachment 2634189
Thats what I read. No reportings of commons taking digits, but gators have for sure.

I thought they liked mud to lay their eggs in. Thats a pretty dry and compacted spot. Just doesn't seem ideal, but I'm not a toitle. Whenever I saw em as a kid it was always really muddy around, but the whole area was rather low. I swear I think that thing was just passing through. There's a million better spots than that. If that thing is that big, its old, which means its seen lots of activity in that area. Just guessin.

From the Wiki Page:
" Females travel over land to find sandy soil in which to lay their eggs, often some distance from the water. After digging a hole, the female typically deposits 25 to 80 eggs each year, guiding them into the nest with her hind feet and covering them with sand for incubation and protection. Incubation time is temperature-dependent, ranging from 9 to 18 weeks."

Back
Top Bottom