Votes: 1 2.7%
  • eat it

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • pet it

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • leave it alone

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
The BURY their eggs. You wouldn't see them. They dig a hole, lay them, them cover them back up smooth. The only thing that's left immediately after they lay their eggs is a damp spot. You'd never know it was there if you didn't see them doing it.
Man I hope not there. Thats a busy area...

I thought they liked mud to lay their eggs in. Thats a pretty dry and compacted spot. Just doesn't seem ideal, but I'm not a toitle. Whenever I saw em as a kid it was always really muddy around, but the whole area was rather low. I swear I think that thing was just passing through. There's a million better spots than that. If that thing is that big, its old, which means its seen lots of activity in that area. Just guessin.

funny-gif-South-Park-Steve-Irwin1.gif

Are you saying you want MORE snapping turtles? I hate those things. Wrecked havoc on my wood ducks.
As far as the eggs, coons might dig them up before sunrise.
I dunno man. If it becomes an issue I'll get rid of it. I had my wife and daughter with me today or I might have ended it right then lol. Not like it's my backyard though, so hopefully I won't have to bust a cap in her ass.

Found a baby in my driveway last night and then another slightly larger one ran over in the road in front of the house. I don’t live near water and I’ve never seen one in 8 years living here.

Back
Top Bottom