• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dig 9 holes, concrete those holes, carry some lumber.. Boom. You're $200 richer.

alnen

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
I got a good response on the last job I had posted. However, it has been difficult to coordinate 2 people to come help at the same time. So the following job is still open for 2 odt'rs to come out to my house in Dallas. The date is Saturday, June 6th.

The job will be:
Picking up 2 man auger from home depot (I'm paying for it, of course)
Using the auger with bit to bore out 9 holes that I have marked. Depth will be 24"
Remove dirt from holes and wheelbarrow it over about 20-30 feet.
Place cardboard tubes in holes, mark, then cut tubes.
Mix concrete 50# bags of concrete and fill tubes in the ground, round off the top level and place anchor screw in level. This is done 9x.

Then I have lumber for a 16x16" deck that I'll need you to carry from the driveway to the deck site, about 60 feet,which is slightly down grade until the very end where the grade gets a little bit steeper. All downhill though.

And that's the job. I'm paying , $200 each for the job (it's a 2 man job). If you want to bring 4 people and knock it out quick, you could do that and go $100 each. The weather looks to be good, but we are still pretty far out and the weatherman is mostly wrong anyway, lol.

Clearly it wasn't enough $$ to motivate two people to go out and work. Labor market is really higher than most people think.

I work in the painting industry and our labor rate is $180 for helpers/basic painters and $240 for soneone experienced. That's to put paint on the wall.

Clearly it wasn't enough $$ to motivate two people to go out and work. Labor market is really higher than most people think.

I work in the painting industry and our labor rate is $180 for helpers/basic painters and $240 for soneone experienced. That's to put paint on the wall.

You'd be wrong. I've got 4+people that want the job, but coordinating 2 people on a Saturday is tough. I got it lined up on one Saturday but had to cancel due to weather.

People tend to like money when there's record unemployment. There is of course the government teet factor, but that will go dry.

And just want to be clear... Are you saying you pay your helpers $180 an hour? After taxes? That would be pretty impressive. I'll quit my job today and come work for you if that's the case..

You'd be wrong. I've got 4+people that want the job, but coordinating 2 people on a Saturday is tough. I got it lined up on one Saturday but had to cancel due to weather.

People tend to like money when there's record unemployment. There is of course the government teet factor, but that will go dry.

And just want to be clear... Are you saying you pay your helpers $180 an hour? After taxes? That would be pretty impressive. I'll quit my job today and come work for you if that's the case..
Hey man, all the best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll find the help. But I'm telling you from experience in the contracting business that labor is expensive. The market for painters is $180 to $240 a day.

I would upgrade to the red bags of quick concrete that you just dump in and add water. No mixing necessary. It’s designed for putting stuff in the ground. Very common for fence posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom