• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Developing/reloading a round

Shabura

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
I have a custom build 6.5 CM rifle and curious who can I reach out to to have a round developed specifically for my rifle? I have been having good luck with match grade ammo, just want to have a round developed. Any help is appreciated.

Save your brass, get a neck sizing die, research load data on the internet, and cross-reference the data. Find someone that has the right reloading equipment and some components. Then learn to reload your own. I can teach. I can't do reload for you too much liability to load for someone else. I would not shoot anyone else's reloads, either.

Wow, Twitch, that's just what the Doctor ordered for somebody who doesn't reload right now
or just doesn't have the time to do a lot of experimenting (or money to buy several kinds of powder and several packs of bullets that come with 50 or 100 projectiles per pack).
and wants to know what they might expect from semi-custom ammo.

QUOTE:

Stage one packs are the starting point to finding the optimal charge weight for your rifle. Remember, you are developing a load to make the projectile of your choice shoot well in your rifle.

Simply choose what projectile you’d like to shoot, and we will send you 25 rounds of incrementally charged loads. 5 rounds each of 5 different powder charges, all with the same projectile. If you would like to develop loads for multiple projectiles, you will need to purchase multiple load packs. All our ammunition is loaded with powders best suited for the caliber and projectile weight.
Stage two packs will include 25 incrementally seated bullet to different depths for the load that worked best in stage one.

Stage two packs will include 25 incrementally seated bullet to different depths for the load that worked best in Stage 1. Shoot these rounds in 5 shot groups and be amazed at just how small your groups can get! It’s helpful to know the length of your rifles chamber, the easiest way to do this is with a Hornady O.A.L. Gauge; when giving us this information please give us the overall measurement. Please contact us for more details.

Shabura, suppose you find a particular load that's better than all others, by a noticeable margin.
Will you load those things yourself, on your own reloading press, or will you still want to find a custom ammo supplier with an FFL to manufacture a lot of this ammo for you (hundreds of the rounds sold together, not just a sample lot of 25)?

Back
Top Bottom