Device Type
  1. Computer
Browser
Chrome

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
It seems that if a person deletes a post any response to that post will be assigned to a different post. This had already caused to some serious communications problems.

It also seems that the mods cannot see any history of this occurrence.

Upvote 0
So this was referring to PMs right? If so, if you delete a PM, it only deletes it for you. It will still show in the other user's Inbox. When deleting the PM, you get an option for how to handle future messages. If you select "Accept future messages" then replies will undelete the PM for you. If you never want to see replies to the PM, you can check the "Ignore future messages" option instead.

Is that what you were referring to?

So this was referring to PMs right? If so, if you delete a PM, it only deletes it for you. It will still show in the other user's Inbox. When deleting the PM, you get an option for how to handle future messages. If you select "Accept future messages" then replies will undelete the PM for you. If you never want to see replies to the PM, you can check the "Ignore future messages" option instead.

Is that what you were referring to?
No, this happened in the threads. It only occurred twice and I have not seen it since.

OK, it just confuses me because users can't delete their own threads. That's why I assumed you were referring to PMs.
Not the thread, the post in the thread. Then the response to the post would be presented as if it was a response to a different post that had not been deleted.

Back
Top Bottom