• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to federal tax return reasons I need to be separated from my wife. She gets everything into her name.

If I go to jail, she doesn’t loose the house.

Who do you like?
Youcame to the right place for expert advice.We will get you everything that's coming to you.Trust us.

Ummm. You need a tax attorney, not a divorce attorney. I'm no expert or lawyer, but my wife who is a revenue officer for the IRS is. And she says that won't help at all unless you just want fraud charges added to your problems.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Ummm. You need a tax attorney, not a divorce attorney. I'm no expert or lawyer, but my wife who is a revenue officer for the IRS is. And she says that won't help at all unless you just want fraud charges added to your problems.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I have been separated for 12 years. She isn't going down the same path.

Damn, dude! I feel for you. If the numbers aren't astronomical I say do a GoFundMe and we can kick in our beer and ammo money. I mean there ain't any ammo to buy so it's easier. Not being a smartass at all.

If the tax issue is already in place, no credible attorney will assist in a transfer as described for the sole purpose of precluding the government from reaching your equity or share of the home. If she buys you out and does so as part of a legitimate settlement agreement, then it may be done. Be advised, separation as a legal concept doesn't exist in GA--you are either married or you are not, period. I'll pm you a good family law firm's name. I don't do family law, just probate and veteran's law (and a few gun trusts) as many ODTers know.

A lot of assumptions have been made. It’s likely that the op thinks he is in worse trouble than he really is. It’s rare for the irs to out someone in jail. Chances are slim he did anything that drastic. They’ll take all your money and assets but jail is reserved for the real bad apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom