• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer with broken arrow in back yard.

One of the downs of bowhunting, Ive lost my share. The laws of most urban areas limit the huntng to bow only so it's either have an occasional wounded deer walking around with an arrow sticking out of it or having an over abundance of deer eating every hostas and ornimental plan in the yard. I consider myself a pretty descent bow shot on game and limit my shots to under 25 yards but despite this I still lose a deer occasionaly.

One of the worst feelings is loosing a wounded deer.

Yotes will take her out soon if you dont .
I've got enough of them. But she honestly appears to be unaffected from a mobility standpoint. It was a high right shoulder hit, exit was lung high on the left. Given that path, not sure how she didn't bleed out eventually. Went through the shoulder so I can see why there was no pass through.

I've got enough of them. But she honestly appears to be unaffected from a mobility standpoint. It was a high right shoulder hit, exit was lung high on the left. Given that path, not sure how she didn't bleed out eventually. Went through the shoulder so I can see why there was no pass through.
I shot a nice buck decades ago . My granparents had seen this deer limping for a couple years. I seen him the year before on the neighbors property.
I shot him in the neck not knowing it was him. His left front leg was 4 inches shorter than the right. The right leg was huge from bearing the weight for years. I gave that good shoulder to my brother . He picked out 17 #6 pellets when he cut it up .
The small leg had fused back together after being broken. Alot of the meat was greenish an nasty in that leg.

That deer may have lived out his life had he not came by me that day.

Alot of the meat was greenish an nasty in that leg.

That deer may have lived out his life had he not came by me that day.
:yuck: I'm glad he did wander by. It's a shame those pellets couldn't have been transplanted in the rear ends of the one who put them there. Idiots....

An observation based on this thread but also many decades of careful observation of people that are notoriously anti-hunting.......the PETA and other bleeding heart sycophant types. I highly doubt most of them have clue one of two consistent attributes I've always encountered with hunters in my lifetime.

1. As a general observation they tend to care greatly about conservation of wildlife and wildlife habitats.
2. As a group they tend to care greatly about clean, quick kills. Most hate to see an animal lingering in pain for any reason, whether than be a broken arrow, starvation, disease, injuries from cars.

Back
Top Bottom