Deer with broken arrow in back yard.

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Wounds on both sides, broken shaft sticking about maybe an inch on high entry side. Appears to be getting around fine, feeding. Licks at it every now and then.
Man I hate that..... :(
No way that doesn't fester. I'm tempted to put her out of her current and looming misery but kids are at bus stop and don't need the drama the noise would cause.
Another reminder why I don't bow hunt.
(Yes, I know the majority of the time it goes off without a hitch, save your breath. I just prefer bang flop.).

Couple guys that I know here were crossbow hunting last week and lost an 8 point. Bolt snapped off, back end was found since it had a lighted nock. Broadhead presumably still in the deer. I helped them search the woods for a couple of hours then left them to their devices. They were out again most of the next day and never found it. Decent blood trail, no deer.

It sucks but it happens to the best of us.
Even with rifle .
I’d put an arrow through its heart with a known good crossbow that way nobody hears a gunshot but that’s just me.

I think I found out who did it. Supposedly shot it "about a month ago". Find that hard to believe as there is no signs of infection.
I'd be sick if I did that.

how bad did the wound look? its not likely but always possible the wound healed up around the arrow, i've seen stories of this before but its pretty freaking rare. i'd assume if its sticking out enough that it'd keep moving and prevent it from healing.

Back
Top Bottom