• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer tower/cabin project.

Brother you're gonna be so spoiled now! Ever since I built my two shooting houses they are so quiet and comfortable that I don't hunt anywhere else. Best hunting ever when you're in one during a slow steady rain.......

I live an hour from my property, and I would love to be able to just sleep in the thing instead of waking up at 4:30 to drive there.

Can just picture myself waking up just before the sun rises, sipping some fresh hot coffee, turning on the space heater, and blasting a big ole buck!

I live an hour from my property, and I would love to be able to just sleep in the thing instead of waking up at 4:30 to drive there.

Can just picture myself waking up just before the sun rises, sipping some fresh hot coffee, turning on the space heater, and blasting a big ole buck!
My hunting lease is right behind my house (609 acres), we have 10 spots, and mine is the closest to my property. I can jump in my Pioneer and be at my shooting houses in around 5 minutes! And I never hit a blacktop road! It is so nice and will definitely spoil one.........

Here are my views, love being in the woods that time of year!
20171104_164930.jpg
20171109_123921.jpg

FFA0879C-0D15-4E60-A5D2-778D8DDE05D1.jpeg
79A7A89A-4F54-4677-8BB4-CED2093C5377.jpeg
8E2B2966-0001-47F2-B6BD-B2250B70DF4A.jpeg
668B4D88-B74B-4995-AF8C-7699612EACC2.jpeg
Got my screens done.
They swing up from the inside.

Luckily I had a bunch of heavy steel screens I kept from when I had my original 1964 home windows replaced.
Can’t find screen like this these days.
I built my wood frames and just laid the old screens right on top of my frames and attached them with a hammer stapler then cut them to fit-no stretching needed since they were already stretched on the original frames.
Then I brad nailed some 1/4” trim around the perimeter then camo sprayed them including the screen which takes away the glare and makes the screen darn near invisible.

Think my buddy and I will most likely camp out there the night before first day.
Doubt I’ll brew any coffee but I’ll have my thermos full the night before.
Gonna let my buddy have first dibs on any deer he wants because he had a very terrible deer season last year plus he helped me do all of the 2 man jobs this tower required so I owe him big time.

Back
Top Bottom