Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
93888454-EB3F-4281-B48E-D36118E579EE.jpeg
1040FCC4-F0C3-4314-BE3C-5D037D3124EB.jpeg
18E4F286-828C-4C84-9530-B9E9E4E23749.jpeg
A3589774-B246-4E5A-AEE5-288045D317C1.jpeg
So I’ve been promising my grandsons I’d build them a cabin or treehouse but I had to make something I could also use for hunting in a prime location so we could all enjoy it.

It’s 6’x8’.
Floor is 13’ from ground.
Ceiling is 8’ high and slopes to 7’ on backside.

My ladder stand is perfect floor height and I’ll be adding a 5’ tall door on the side that’s not framed yet.

Will have hinged windows with screens.

Roof will be plywood with poly carbonate corrugated panels on top of that.

Got my roof trusses installed today but too dark to take any decent pics.

When it’s all done I’m gonna do a kick-A camo stain job inside and out with a woodland gray base.

Seen lots of pics of deer towers with the cross braces on the legs and wondered how necessary they were but without them it’s really more wiggly than you think even with cemented in 6x6 posts 36” deep.
I installed cross braces on three sides on a X pattern and it feels very solid now.
I left one side open so I could install a swing for the boys.

Also gonna do a bullrope and a pulley/bucket thing for when Gigi brings them lunch.

Comanche, is your roof material the rippled type plastic, green colored? The stuff you can buy at LOWE'S, HOME DEPOT?

If so we have used that stuff 2 times our first and last, it wrapped, drooped, and finally gave up the ghost.

We went to a metal roofing dealer, and bought the metal they wrap the metal roofing in. Cut it made a frame that sat inside the top framing screwed it in and have not had a problem since. Only a suggestion, looks and sounds like you and the grand boys are gonna have a great outing every time you go to the stand.

You, will be hunting with your grandsons, so therefore you will not have to hunt your grandsons.

Thanks, for doing this for you and them...

Comanche, is your roof material the rippled type plastic, green colored? The stuff you can buy at LOWE'S, HOME DEPOT?

If so we have used that stuff 2 times our first and last, it wrapped, drooped, and finally gave up the ghost.

We went to a metal roofing dealer, and bought the metal they wrap the metal roofing in. Cut it made a frame that sat inside the top framing screwed it in and have not had a problem since. Only a suggestion, looks and sounds like you and the grand boys are gonna have a great outing every time you go to the stand.

You, will be hunting with your grandsons, so therefore you will not have to hunt your grandsons.

Thanks, for doing this for you and them...

Yeah that green stuff sucks as I’ve ised it on a chicken coop and hated how it dropped.
The more expensive solar shield stuff is what I was thinking of using.
I may even go steel corrugated as I was toying with that idea also for strength.
Yeah the boys are gonna have fun and thanks for the kind words.

77809FB4-CFE2-408A-AF67-185AE220C900.jpeg
4EAE3CD5-AE20-4D5C-BD82-49B96840C83A.jpeg
58BB3902-662B-4842-85C5-FF75263606F7.jpeg
77809FB4-CFE2-408A-AF67-185AE220C900.jpeg
4EAE3CD5-AE20-4D5C-BD82-49B96840C83A.jpeg
Got the roof on today.
Thank God since it gonna rain the next 8 days.
I had a pop up shower right when I set my first roof panel so I had to wait till it stopped then the sun came out.
I sprayed a bleach water solution just in case it wanted to mold underneath since it was still a little damp on the plywood.
It was not fun pulling the plywood up to the platform by myself but I got it with ratcheting tie downs and muscle.
I painted the base color asphalt gray and it blends into the woods really well.
The whole interior is painted and the roof is on which was my goal For the day.
Yes I used galvanized panels that I primed.
Can’t wait to do the camo job.

Back
Top Bottom