Deer Breeders Illegal Activities put Florida & Georgia at Risk

I watched a pretty compelling video on these paid hunts in Africa. As stated above, the hunter pics the animal out of a magazine that he wants, feeders are timed in a circle to keep the animals moving in the pen. You shoot the one you paid for, get to keep the mount and the meat is given to the locals. It is basically the same as raising livestock for slaughter. I wouldn't choose to do this myself but viewed from a livestock prospective where these deer are raised to be eaten I really don't see any difference between this and meat at the super market. If you watched videos on you tube about CAFO raised meat you will probably see the point.

There is a farm 0n 53 north of Manchester,(BIG cattle farm) and I remember seeing a herd of elk and was told they are red stag elk. Incredible cattle farm with rolling hills,beautiful place. Not a pay to hunt or guide service I believe.

There is a farm 0n 53 north of Manchester,(BIG cattle farm) and I remember seeing a herd of elk and was told they are red stag elk. Incredible cattle farm with rolling hills,beautiful place. Not a pay to hunt or guide service I believe.

I haven't been by there in about a year, but last I knew, that herd had been liquidated as well.

deer breeders and deer farmers as a whole are good law abiding folks, it is the few bad apples that ruin it for all the others, same as with anything else...
Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case and there is a distinct difference between breeding cervid livestock for slaughter and breeding for canned shoots. Neither one is necessary and has it's own inherent risk in the BEST run operations but one in particular has the unequaled ability it seems to attract those who will skirt the law repeatedly and put our natural resources at risk to line their pockets. The things people do for their hornography is really disgusting.

they had some red stag but mostly reindeer...I thought the state closed then down years ago..

Back
Top Bottom