• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deep Dig into Primer Shortage

I work within eyesight of a ammo manufacturer and they could not run any production until roughly 5 ish/ 6 weeks ago because of primer supply. They must have got a good load though because they have been running trucks in and out for the past month. This manufacturer also draws its own 50 bmg brass and ONLY supplies Uncle Sam...

Profile says Molena.

I'm wondering where an ammo manufacturer is around here, or if you work somewhere else.

$5.99/100
A year ago I'd have recoiled as if from a water moccasin at that price but today?
upload_2020-11-22_10-1-37.png

Not too bad. Throughout Aug. & Sep. I would occasionally stop by my local Academy.
I was able to gather 800 - WSP for $4.99/100, so $53.53/K with tax. One clerk told me when they got any bricks in they'd pull out trays and sporadically put them out to give everyone a fair chance.

I quit going after 3 stops and them literally having nothing (primers, powder, projectiles, or equipment).

Fitzdawg79 was there a limit? 500/1000?

Not too bad. Throughout Aug. & Sep. I would occasionally stop by my local Academy.
I was able to gather 800 - WSP for $4.99/100, so $53.53/K with tax. One clerk told me when they got any bricks in they'd pull out trays and sporadically put them out to give everyone a fair chance.

I quit going after 3 stops and them literally having nothing (primers, powder, projectiles, or equipment).

Fitzdawg79 was there a limit? 500/1000?

There was nothing posted about limits. I bought 5 trays of the small rifle and 4 trays of the large pistol.

Back
Top Bottom