• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deep Dig into Primer Shortage

I was wondering why weren't seeing any of the imported primers like wolf. Didnt someone buy the ammunition business side from Remington.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
There was thread on it awhile back, I think it was Vista or Sig who bought the ammo division.

I work within eyesight of a ammo manufacturer and they could not run any production until roughly 5 ish/ 6 weeks ago because of primer supply. They must have got a good load though because they have been running trucks in and out for the past month. This manufacturer also draws its own 50 bmg brass and ONLY supplies Uncle Sam...

Face it, if you have a .gov contract to supply ammo, they are, and always will be your first priority. It's in the contract.

Not that it matters. Demand has so far outstripped supply that we'll be in this drought for at least a year, even if Biden doesn't screw things up even worse.

It’s just panic buying. Things will eventually balance out. Have patience and this too will pass eventually. Most on here stocked up years ago when you couldn’t give away an AR or ammo. 12 months ago 9mm brass ammo was abundant on here at $0.15round. As a reloader with little free time, I bought the hell out of it!

They also missed the fact that thee are NO primers coming out of lake city. Nor are there any coming out of South America. The manufactures there told me Covid took half their work force.

Finally the EPA will not allow nay new primer plants to be built that use the current formulas.

Back
Top Bottom