• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decoy

Wanted to revive this post and see if anyone else has tried decoys with any luck and if so, what kind did you use. I’m kicking around the idea of getting one of the cheap 2d ones. Not willing to spend the $ on a 3D one. Also, pretty cool idea about using the turkey decoy to calm the deer. Might try that too.
Bwahaha ..... i read the whole thing (all two pages). Before i realized it was old, after i read your post , naturally :doh:

I remember back when I was in high school, a friend and I went to his dad's deer camp near Monticello. On the way someone had made a cutout plywood deer with glowing eyes in a field near a pond. When we were heading home in the daylight you could see that it was full of holes.
I remember that ed

May order the Montana but looking at their videos I dont like how the decoy has all the wrinkles in it

I put one out one afternoon last year. I have never heard so many bucks grunting and crashing around as that evening. None popped out of the thick stuff and I don't shoot at shadows so I didn't kill any that day. It was very exciting to hear that much activity all around me.

My lack of success was entirely my fault. I do not do any kind of scent control and probably had the decoy smelling like a human.

Probably squirrels anyways....lol.

I use a decoy at the bars. For the dears. And foxes.
Rich old moneybags will get 'em coming
like Boeings and Airbuses lining up for landings at Harstfield-Jackson Int'l Airport.
stock-vector-a-rich-old-man-with-a-cane-and-a-bag-full-of-money-279251870.jpg

Back
Top Bottom