• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decisions, decisions.....

Buckeye76

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
95   0
Reaction score
I need some opinions on some cans.

I'm getting ready to to pull the trigger on several NFA items.

I've decided to go ahead and do an sbr, because why the **** not. I think I'm also going to make a sbs out of a Winchester Wingmaster I picked up for almost nothing.

I already have an Octane 45 and have an ARC22 & ARC30 in jail now.

I want to pick up another 7.62 and get something rated for 458 socom on a barrel shorter than 16". While I am doing all of this, it has also crossed my mind to pick up a second 45 can.

I went out looking today and found a couple of deals, but wanted to ask some for some opinions.

1. What are your thoughts on the 762-sdn-6?

2. Is anyone familiar with SEG suppressors? https://www.segsuppressors.com/

I found a hell of a deal on the SEG 458, but need to call them to find out what the barrel restrictions are.
I am also thinking about the new Bowers VERS 458.

For my other 45. I think I've already decided on the Obsidian 45. If anyone knows where I can find a good price on one, let me know.

Thanks for reading my rambling and help me spend some money!!!

Go Bucks!

I have the M4-2000 and its a great can. The SDN-6 is a solid can as well. That said if I were to buy a 30 cal can I'd get either the Saker or Omega or a Recce 7.

1. SDN-6 is a solid can, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was a steal of a deal. There are better, newer technology options on the market today like the Recce 7 or Sandman-S
  2. I own a few cans from smaller companies, but there are some well established companies out there I'd be looking at first like the Bowers, Wilson, Lane, or the new Silencerco Hybrid.
  3. Yeah go with the Obsidian or the Griffin Armament Revolution. The new Dead Air looks nice, but it's expensive.

1. SDN-6 is a solid can, but I wouldn't buy it unless it was a steal of a deal. There are better, newer technology options on the market today like the Recce 7 or Sandman-S
  2. I own a few cans from smaller companies, but there are some well established companies out there I'd be looking at first like the Bowers, Wilson, Lane, or the new Silencerco Hybrid.
  3. Yeah go with the Obsidian or the Griffin Armament Revolution. The new Dead Air looks nice, but it's expensive.
X2 on the Obsidian for the 45. The ghost is a nice new addition to the deadair line but its pistons are proprietary to the design. Where as the Obsidian uses Silencerco pistons. Like yourself I already had an Octane 45 so the choice of the Obsidian was a no brainier.

As for barrel ratings, look at the Sandman S as mentioned above. The S Basically doesn't have a minimum barrel rating. At least for the 300blk cartridge and That was the deciding factor for me when I purchased the S.

For the 458 you might want to check out Silencerco Hybrid like batoncolle mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom