• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DECIDED TO COOK TODAY AFTER THE FOURTH (Since we didn't get invited yesterday)

Yes Sir butts take a while to smoke, I've got a couple I'm going to smoke soon. I bought some by the case from a buddy that bought them at foodlion .99 a pound case price
I usually try to allot 2 hours per pound to be safe, but was late this time and thought wrapping to crutch through the stall would put me on time. I was mistaken lol. The instant pot got the meat to where it needed to be, but killed the bark and flavor profile I aim for.

I usually try to allot 2 hours per pound to be safe, but was late this time and thought wrapping to crutch through the stall would put me on time. I was mistaken lol. The instant pot got the meat to where it needed to be, but killed the bark and flavor profile I aim for.
A Great sauce will fix that right up. Been there , done that. I've been doing all the cooking at my house since my wife nearly killed me with a meatloaf on March 20, 1995 . I know this date cause it was the day we got back from our HoneyMoon. Picture meatloaf pudding. She spent hours fixing supper that night and I would have eaten the whole plate if she hadn't started crying and told me "Don't eat another bite of that ****" . Sad and Hilarious at the same time IMO. LOL

Is "leggs custom blend seasoning" the name of the company or name of the rub. The place l used to go to get my rubs was bulldozed to make room for rich people things. I need a good replacement. Do you have a link?
Custom or Homemade rubs are hard to beat but I tried this out just because I only use Kingsford charcoal and I happen to be picking up some Greek seasoning for some pork tenderloins. Pretty dang good with some cracked pepper.
Spices@2x-672x372.jpg
I used the "original" obviously. And will be using more.

I'll get mine on around midnight and check periodically during the night.

Custom or Homemade rubs are hard to beat but I tried this out just because I only use Kingsford charcoal and I happen to be picking up some Greek seasoning for some pork tenderloins. Pretty dang good with some cracked pepper.
Spices@2x-672x372.jpg
How is the cajun style, I'd like to try that on a steak.

Spices@2x-672x372.jpg

The last one l got that had smoke flavor in it l didn't like. It had a funny aftertaste to it. It wasn't that brand though. I threw it away after l used it one time.

The last one l got that had smoke flavor in it l didn't like. It had a funny aftertaste to it. It wasn't that brand though. I threw it away after l used it one time.
I agree with you, even liquid smoke leaves a bad after taste also. Hard to beat real smoking, well heck you just can't beat it.

They looked like a feast fit for a king.. you did good my friend.. talking about rubs.. my OLD LADY(don’t tell her I said that) makes her own Kansa city style rub she found on the web somewhere... really good with just a little bite of heat to them

Back
Top Bottom