• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent tactical light for AR15 around $50?

Wow this is an old thread.

Save yourself money and a headache, buy Olight. I've had Surefire in the military and InForce on personal firearms, but they aren't worth it anymore. You can get an Olight for less with more lumen and just as sturdy (if not more so). Check out some reviews on Youtube.

I just recv'd my first Olight (Balr Pro w/ G. laser) today. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it is for the price. Planning to order another this week.
Their YouTube reviews sold me on giving them a try.

Hmmm 4 pages and nobody has suggested the Surefire G2X ??

1 inch tube so it works with any 1” light mount price is around 50-55 depending on if you get the brighter 1000 lumen models or if you get a color tube

only downside is it isn’t pressure pad compatible

Wow this is an old thread.

Save yourself money and a headache, buy Olight. I've had Surefire in the military and InForce on personal firearms, but they aren't worth it anymore. You can get an Olight for less with more lumen and just as sturdy (if not more so). Check out some reviews on Youtube.
I've had 2 Olight weapon lights cut out and go low only. That's out of about 5 Olight weapon lights. Mine always surprises me when it comes on high now lol.

I do like their M2R Pro and some other lights a lot though. But their weapon light stuff to me isn't the same as surefire.

I've had 2 Olight weapon lights cut out and go low only. That's out of about 5 Olight weapon lights. Mine always surprises me when it comes on high now lol.

I do like their M2R Pro and some other lights a lot though. But their weapon light stuff to me isn't the same as surefire.

That happens when the battery is low. Instead of running the light on an almost dead battery, they shut off after a certain point so it prompts the user to put in a fresh one. It protects the components. I've been running the PL Pro, PL mini, and (more recently) the Mini 2 for years without any issues.

Every Surefire I've had from military to private sector has crapped out and aren't as bright.

That happens when the battery is low. Instead of running the light on an almost dead battery, they shut off after a certain point so it prompts the user to put in a fresh one. It protects the components. I've been running the PL Pro, PL mini, and (more recently) the Mini 2 for years without any issues.

Every Surefire I've had from military to private sector has crapped out and aren't as bright.
Mine wasn't from low battery I should have specified. They do have good service and warranty. A tad slow depending on the light. Their fan club is pretty fun too. I have way too many olights. I do think it's the cheapest best way to get into a weapon light for most applications. I just don't think they are the same as surefire. I think the g2x are tough as hell for the $ but not near the performance for same dollars spent at olight.

Back
Top Bottom