• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent tactical light for AR15 around $50?

I look at it like this, is my life only worth $50?

Granted a $50 light might work, but my $100 is going to work when I need it and I can trust it to work.

I have 4 lights, 3 weapon mounted lights and one hand held. They were all in the $100 range, when I need them I can count on them no problems.

I look at it like this, is my life only worth $50?

Granted a $50 light might work, but my $100 is going to work when I need it and I can trust it to work.

I have 4 lights, 3 weapon mounted lights and one hand held. They were all in the $100 range, when I need them I can count on them no problems.

I don't care how much a flashlight costs if its something that is rarely used batteries can fail and ruin any light so you have to look at it that way as well.

So is it safe to assume everyone buying the $100 lights bought $50 lights and had them fail on them?

I'm seeing if anyone on here has had any success with a $50 or less light. I've got one good reply

Amazon.com

And cheap scope ring. I put a flashlight on my AR's for less then $15 bucks. Now, I can not center the light but it works very well, uses AA batteries and is brighter then it needs to be.

I have TLR and although they work great on my pistol's I didn't see a need for them on my AR.

Now, you have to wait about a month before you get them, but they work great...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007FC5A5Q/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit

Maglite!

Attachments

• Flashlight-Maglite-3.jpg
    Flashlight-Maglite-3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 138
TO the OP:

To answer your specific question, there are some good "cheap" lights out there that do work for what your looking for. I have ran several flashlights in my profession and for my line of work, yes, a TL1 or so has the ruggedness and reliability that someone who does run through buildings, deserts and everywhere else chasing and shooting at bad guys needs.

For the "weekend" warrior or for the one who I hope will never have to fire at night, but to occasionaly shine the light around for clearing due to "bumps in the nights" and one that is reliable, look at the Cree http://www.ebay.com/itm/45-degree-Mount-TACTICAL-Cree-CR123A-Flashlight-Light-QD-remote-pressure-switch-/350877038273?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item51b1e6b6c1. Yes it is Chinese "crap", however, like the Hi Point, it freaking works and after owning 10 of these things and they all work fine ( i put them in my cars, shotguns, AR, bug out bags etc) I have not had one problem.

They operate off of a AA battery and at 300 lumens, my $130 Streamlight cannot hold the same brightness level when compared side by side. As the other poster said, his Home Depot setup works fine, I doubt you ever use it at night and if you do not know how to use it at night (light refraction, sympathetic response etc) a cheap and reliable light is all you should need.

Back
Top Bottom