• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deal of the Year/ Daughter's first ride...

Great score, I'd bought that for my 16yr old nephew myself
When I was 14 a friend I grew up with had a 63 Comet that had been repainted original dog dick red by one of the best most expensive shops in Macon. It was either Mears or Harrisons. Anyway, he hated it and said it was an old man car. So his folks wanted to sell it for $1200. So I told my mom and dickhead stepfather about it. They had no idea why a 14 year old was looking at buying a car. But to ME that Comet coupe was the coolest boxy **** on wheels. Had that cool roof line that was straighter than the Falcon and those Siamese cat taillights. But so many folks can't see the forest for all them damn trees.

The 4.7 is a fairly solid motor imho. Had one in a 4wd Ram only cause the dealer lied to me in 02 and said it was gonna be another year before the hemi’s came out . They had them on the lot two months after I bought. Not quite enough for a 1500 4wd four door pickup. Gas mileage was hideous. My buddy supercharged his 4.7 Dakota and that thing was pretty damn quick.

When I was 14 a friend I grew up with had a 63 Comet that had been repainted original dog dick red by one of the best most expensive shops in Macon. It was either Mears or Harrisons. Anyway, he hated it and said it was an old man car. So his folks wanted to sell it for $1200. So I told my mom and dickhead stepfather about it. They had no idea why a 14 year old was looking at buying a car. But to ME that Comet coupe was the coolest boxy **** on wheels. Had that cool roof line that was straighter than the Falcon and those Siamese cat taillights. But so many folks can't see the forest for all them damn trees.
Well did you get to buy the car?? When I was about 14 or 15 my neighbor had a 60 or 61 Impala with a 6cyl 3 on the tree. It was green. But it was $500. My parents wouldn't let me buy it. My nephew wants a pickup. It would be perfect for him as long as it runs good.

Well did you get to buy the car?? When I was about 14 or 15 my neighbor had a 60 or 61 Impala with a 6cyl 3 on the tree. It was green. But it was $500. My parents wouldn't let me buy it. My nephew wants a pickup. It would be perfect for him as long as it runs good.
No I never got my Comet . Or the 68 GTO ragtop I could have bought maybe 2 years later for $2000. Hey, parents, Whateryougonnado, right?
My last daughter likes this truck but she really wanted one like my older daughter has which is a 94 F150 XL 4wd. It used to be a game warden truck. And while I really love that bodystyle F series too they aint easy to find without being worn out anymore.

No I never got my Comet . Or the 68 GTO ragtop I could have bought maybe 2 years later for $2000. Hey, parents, Whateryougonnado, right?
My last daughter likes this truck but she really wanted one like my older daughter has which is a 94 F150 XL 4wd. It used to be a game warden truck. And while I really love that bodystyle F series too they aint easy to find without being worn out anymore.
Oh well, life goes on. My dream car back in the day was a trans am. I have never owned one to this day. I came within $100 winning one on ebay @10yrs ago. I bought a 84 Monte Carlo SS a little later. The car sports a 434, 700hp stroker. Turns out that's a better car for my purposes, full frame

Oh well, life goes on. My dream car back in the day was a trans am. I have never owned one to this day. I came within $100 winning one on ebay @10yrs ago. I bought a 84 Monte Carlo SS a little later. The car sports a 434, 700hp stroker. Turns out that's a better car for my purposes, full frame
83/84 monte carlos is my dream car.

Back
Top Bottom