• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Primal big bore can

Dead Air announced a new multi cal/big bore can today. The Primal.

.458 caliber and up to 338 LM "energies"
7.9"
16.5 oz
1.618" diameter
17-4 Stainless steel construction

sounds like the mounting is pretty universal. Current industry "standard" threading on the rifle side to allow use of KeyMo, Xeno, and threaded mounts as well as a new HUB that sounds like it allows the booster assembly from the Wolfman and Ghost for use on pistols.

Overall sounds like it'll be a hit. Will have to see how it compares to the SilencerCo Hybrid 46 (7.8", 17.3 oz, 1.57" diameter, Ti/SS construction).

I have a Nomad-30 in jail and had been looking at some other cans and think this will be my next order.

Primal-7.jpg

Primal-3.jpg
looks like it can be plan b'd. I like that more companies are doing the universal threads.

any time you have options for different mounting systems that's a bonus. allows a little bit of mixing and matching and no worries with obsolescence with some cans or some options if you have an odd threading you are trying to meet.

pretty sure the weight would be with the direct thread system, obviously will be heavier with any adapters or QD mounts.

hopefully the performance is better than the Hybrid as the specs are pretty similar except it will handle some higher pressure rounds compared to the Hybrid. I think it will be ideal for things like 458 SOCOM, 45-70, Raptor, etc.

.5oz lighter than my Hybrid. Not seeing a use case my Hybrid can't handle already. I am VERY excited to actually finally have keymount adapters for bigger bore calibers like 11/16x24. They did confirm on IG those will be coming. I may buy one just because I have almost every DA can already.

You the Dead Air mascot?? :boink: :boink:

.5oz lighter than my Hybrid. Not seeing a use case my Hybrid can't handle already. I am VERY excited to actually finally have keymount adapters for bigger bore calibers like 11/16x24. They did confirm on IG those will be coming. I may buy one just because I have almost every DA can already.

Back
Top Bottom