• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dead Air Primal big bore can

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
Dead Air announced a new multi cal/big bore can today. The Primal.

.458 caliber and up to 338 LM "energies"
7.9"
16.5 oz
1.618" diameter
17-4 Stainless steel construction

sounds like the mounting is pretty universal. Current industry "standard" threading on the rifle side to allow use of KeyMo, Xeno, and threaded mounts as well as a new HUB that sounds like it allows the booster assembly from the Wolfman and Ghost for use on pistols.

Overall sounds like it'll be a hit. Will have to see how it compares to the SilencerCo Hybrid 46 (7.8", 17.3 oz, 1.57" diameter, Ti/SS construction).

I have a Nomad-30 in jail and had been looking at some other cans and think this will be my next order.

Primal-7.jpg

Primal-3.jpg

Looks good with the different mounts, I had to buy a couple for my hybrid 46. Only cause of the Mark23.
but the hybrid feels so light in your hand compared to most,I cant wait to see this one. Sometimes its the balance not just the weight

Rifle can on a pistol will be quite cumbersome.

Looks good with the different mounts, I had to buy a couple for my hybrid 46. Only cause of the Mark23.
but the hybrid feels so light in your hand compared to most,I cant wait to see this one. Sometimes its the balance not just the weight

True, but we're using "better" materials and technology now. I like having feathers on my muzzles. But that is an iconic setup/system.

Look at the one that came with the 23 originally. Almost same size. But the original was heavier.
that is the only one I use it on. I really got in for my rifles

If Im going to use my 23 the way it’s designed to be used, I am really not going to give a rats ass if it’s quiet or not…"lol

Back
Top Bottom