• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawson forest wma / etowah River kayaking, canoeing, camping, fishing

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
Has anyone put in at the canoe/kayak ramp on hwy 9 and fished the etowah through the wma? Is it good fishing? Are you allowed to stop and camp?
Any info is appropriated!
I have fished the amicalola River at Steele bridge down to 53.
But haven’t ventured into the wma south of 53.

Has anyone put in at the canoe/kayak ramp on hwy 9 and fished the etowah through the wma? Is it good fishing? Are you allowed to stop and camp?
Any info is appropriated!
I have fished the amicalola River at Steele bridge down to 53.
But haven’t ventured into the wma south of 53.
Kayaked that section about 3 weeks ago. Son in law was fishing, but river was up, flowing fast and muddy, and he didn't have any luck.

There are several areas to camp. There's a camping area on the south bank, across from Shoal Creek, and there is another designated camp (again, on south bank) near where Amicalola Creek comes in. In addition, several kayakers were camping on the north bank, along the banks of Shoal Creek when we were coming through.

On a straight float, without slowing much to fish, it took us about 5 hrs from Hwy 9 to Kelly Bridge.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Kayaked that section about 3 weeks ago. Son in law was fishing, but river was up, flowing fast and muddy, and he didn't have any luck.

There are several areas to camp. There's a camping area on the south bank, across from Shoal Creek, and there is another designated camp (again, on south bank) near where Amicalola Creek comes in. In addition, several kayakers were camping on the north bank, along the banks of Shoal Creek when we were coming through.

On a straight float, without slowing much to fish, it took us about 5 hrs from Hwy 9 to Kelly Bridge.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Would love to do this with my son, would prefer to go with someone who has done it before first, might hit you up for that soon!

Would love to do this with my son, would prefer to go with someone who has done it before first, might hit you up for that soon!

I would like to take my son, but would like to go myself first. If you guys want another kayaker, I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom