• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dave Ramsey

Why in hell would anybody pay 60K for a vehicle??? It better come with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and 5 acres of land.
No kidding, but you see it all the time. Been to a dealership lately? $60k is beginning to be the new norm. Along with 84 plus month financing.

One side job I did was asset recovery. That involved eviction and reposition of mobile homes.

The banks do not give a RIP about you or your problems. Get behind on payments, you lose your house, car, trailer, boat, whatever secures the note

I have seen a family forcibly removed from their home by the sheriff dept, and all their belongings tossed out doors and windows.

This is part of the deal you sign to borrow money. YOU are making a bet that your income stream will be uninterrupted until you pay it back.

Do you feel lucky?
I couldn't stay in someone's house if I couldn't pay the rent . So yea , thangs can happen, hell I'd never leave my home if used that logic.

One side job I did was asset recovery. That involved eviction and reposition of mobile homes.

The banks do not give a RIP about you or your problems. Get behind on payments, you lose your house, car, trailer, boat, whatever secures the note

I have seen a family forcibly removed from their home by the sheriff dept, and all their belongings tossed out doors and windows.

This is part of the deal you sign to borrow money. YOU are making a bet that your income stream will be uninterrupted until you pay it back.

Do you feel lucky?
Sounds like you made loans to poor folks who couldn't afford to pay it back, one of those bad credit no problem type loans. :noidea:

Yes, I am very aware of how loans work and what you agree to when you sign. I've successfully paid off many.

Simple math here, renting an apartment in decent area is upwards of $800-1000 a month nowadays. My mortgage is $500 a month. Which one do you choose? It's not that hard of a decision. You're paying one or the other either way. How are you not getting that?

Regardless if one rents or pays a mortgage, if you don't pay you get booted. Therefore, the what if argument is moot.

Do I feel lucky? No. I have always been responsible with my money. And my credit.

No kidding, but you see it all the time. Been to a dealership lately? $60k is beginning to be the new norm. Along with 84 plus month financing.
It is Crazy . On the other hand , my Daughter went through 3 used cars before we set her up on payments with a new toyota corrola ($225 a month) , one of the best decisions we ever made and she'll have it paid off soon , looks like. My other Daughter should have been a boy LOL She's been driving the same old truck for 3 yrs and works on her own junk . Different strokes for different folks

He was millions in debt, and came up with this idea that ended up getting himself not only out of debt, but very wealthy now. Yes his methods do cater towards those drowning in debt, but his principles can easily be applied to those not in debt and help you stay away from getting in to the kind of financial trouble he did. It sounds like you're doing pretty well already with what you're doing. Long story short, some people can't save money or handle their finances and his advice is pretty solid for them.
Can you pass this in to the Federal Government lol

Sounds like you made loans to poor folks who couldn't afford to pay it back, one of those bad credit no problem type loans. :noidea:

Yes, I am very aware of how loans work and what you agree to when you sign. I've successfully paid off many.

Simple math here, renting an apartment in decent area is upwards of $800-1000 a month nowadays. My mortgage is $500 a month. Which one do you choose? It's not that hard of a decision. You're paying one or the other either way.

Do I feel lucky? No. I have always been responsible with my money. And my credit.

I no longer consider living in property I do not own an option. If you have a mortgage, the property belongs to the bank/lender.

I don’t believe in luck. To me, “luck” is what happens when preparation meets opportunity......
I'm just glad I'm more prepared now than i was at 19 buying a home LOL I try to share my experiences with my kids and anyone else that wants to hear it . None of us have it all figured out and I don't know Mr.Ramsey but if he's helped you live a life that makes you happy .... well that sounds like goodStuff to me.

Back
Top Bottom