• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daniel defense M4A1 socom. Anyone have one?

jwill130

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
164   0
Reaction score
Sold a colt 6920 in order to purchase a Daniel defense m4v1. Went and fondled one, and they also had a m4a1 socom, handled it for a few and decided it was what I was after. Its last years model, but I plan on putting the new furniture on it when its available through Daniel defense. Came straight home and throw an aimpoint pro on it and looking forward to shooting it tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with one? Also this is my first flat top rifle, all my others have a fsp. What are some of the better flip up sights? Plan on putting a gear sector rail mount qd sling mount and a blue force sling. By far this is the nicest ar I've ever owned. So far I'm highly impressed.

Attachments

• IMG_20140810_190445609.jpg
    IMG_20140810_190445609.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20140810_190412091.jpg
    IMG_20140810_190412091.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 28
Have the same set up. All I've done is mount an AimPoint PRO, Magpul MOE+ pistol grip, Magpul MOE RVG, Way of the Gun Proctor Sling (HIGHLY RECOMMEND no mounting hardware or unnecessary BS), and just recently put in a Wilson Combat single stage TTU. Nothing wrong with the stock trigger but the Wilson Combat is real nice. No need for back up irons IMO.

May put an Inforce light on it someday..... but for now I'm happy with it.

Also it runs on any ammo I've tried. Tula & Wolf steel cased, Wolf Gold, Hornady match, PMC, and American Eagle ammo. All have been ran through it a lot.

Had a double feed issue twice. Both times it was with an old metal mag that had ugly looking feed lips. Pmags have been good all the time as have the 20 round Colt mags.

I recommend lubing the BCG with axle or wheel bearing grease. It doesn't burn off like the spray can stuff.

That's good to hear. Yeah, it doesn't come with any sights. Wish they would, but not many Daniel defenses do that I've seen. Will look into the troys and the proctor sling. Haven't heard of that before. Are they troys that much better than the mbus or mbus pros?

I'd look into the Magpul MBUS Pro iron sights. They're extremely solidly built, get great reviews and they're cheaper than the Troy.

BEAUTIFUL rifle, btw!! :cool:

I've been seeing the MBUS Pro set for $125 on a pretty regular basis. Excellent sights and very affordable too. I've got one set currently and they might be the only thing that has ever made me think of replacing the KAC sights on my other rifles.

Back
Top Bottom